Pre-Base Set Test Print / Prototype Blastoise

Since I don’t know anything about MTG, can someone explain the dot pattern you’re all talking about? I tried to google it, but came across this thread asking if his three variations of patterns are real/fake, so by that I still don’t know if those are all authentic dot patterns or not. I also came across this L-shape of red dots verification to check if a MTG card is real or not. But again, I don’t know anything about MTG, so I don’t know if these sources I quickly googled are the Efour forum kind of sources, or the random top-10 rarest Pokémon card articles containing the Krabby error and fake pictures of the Pokémon Illustrator type of sources… Could someone provide some pictures or links to ELI5 me how the dot patterns layouts are done for MTG cards?

As for the scans provided above, when zooming in I did notice some weird vertical lines like these:

Not sure if this happens more often with MTG cards or not, or if it’s an issue with the scanner used. It just struck me as odd when zooming in.

PS: For anyone interested, I’ve searched on that magiclibrarities website again and came across the German Pokémon cards with MTG back:

As well as some MTG cards with Pokémon backs on an uncut sheet:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes