Post your Favorite Non-Holo Rares

With the announcement that non-holos rares will be a thing of the past beginning with Scarlet and Violet, made me think of my favorites. Here are some of mine, what are yours?

11 Likes

13 Likes

I think the holo obscures too much of the art in this one so it deserves a mention

8 Likes

I love the light & dark pokemon from neo destiny! Some of my favorite arts from that set are the non-holos. I love the mood of light piloswine, and of course gotta have a komiya with the slowbro!

13 Likes

I love this pair. It’s so thematically awesome seeing Ho-oh and Lugia in battle with each other.

These two just because their meme potential is off the charts.

Edit: realized this was for rares, but hopefully y’all can make an exception. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I opened a lot of Dark Explorers as a kid and half the pack arts showcase non holo mons in the set. I ended up gravitating towards those and loved to death when I would pull their reverse holos.
imageimage

Also Delta species are fantastic as always and I would have loved to see these holo:
imageimageimage

7 Likes

Definitely one of the few non holo cards I vividly remember liking as a child.

There’s also this one which I loved as a kid. Imagine my surprise as an adult learning there is a holo version but since it never got it in English, I’m counting it. I guess I like Yoshida lol

7 Likes

I agree with @smpratte that Neo Destiny kills it on the non-holo rares. The light Pokemon in particular are my favorite! Also throwing in Raikou because it’s an awesome card!

12 Likes

7 Likes

Something about the simplicity of the art…
Just a traveling salesman and his farfetch’d…
Its like a norman rockewell snapshot of pokemon world…

…sugi feels

8 Likes

Love it, the best gen 1 Trainer card.

2 Likes

Bunch of my favorite non-holo Rares:

Some of these might have Holofoil Rare versions available, but I like the non-holos in these cases a lot more. I’ve specifically excluded some non-holo Rares I liked, if I liked the Holofoil Rare versions more or equally as much, like the Skyridge Moon Umbreon for example.

Greetz,
Quuador

9 Likes

I did something similar with this card:

I much prefer the holo version here (though it’s still absolutely epic), unlike the Kimura Aquapolis where they are almost equal to my taste. In general, I feel like this with Kimura arts more than most of the other artists.

3 Likes

Wish there was a holo for this, still love the art though

12 Likes

12 Likes

These cards do come in reverse holo in case you didn’t know :slight_smile:

5 Likes

OP, I think you got most of mine. heh

1 Like

Oh yeah, I love and have many of the reverses! The gold border with the holos is just so clean to me so I wish others got that treatment. Thanks for the heads up regardless!

3 Likes

Here’s the correct answer:

11 Likes

Most of y’all have already posted ones I would have picked, but this one is so good too. Gotta add it.

17 Likes