You can pick any non-holo card and make it holo. What do you choose?

Very simple premise. If you could take any one card from all of Pokémon history and make it a holo, what would it be?

Really challenge yourself to pick just one card — one card that more than any other you’d love to have holo, if you could. Anyone can make a list, but can you pick just one?

This is mine.

25 Likes

17 Likes

This was really hard but also really easy. Easy because I made my mind up before even allowing myself to think about more. If I had allowed thought, I’d be in big trouble.

This is going to trigger some people with OCD. My favourite line is the Gastly, Haunter, Gengar line. My favourite sets are WOTC. The holo Haunter and Gengar fossil cards are some of my favourite cards. Gastly needs one too!

The problem is, if I really had to choose… I’m picking the base set Gastly…not the fossil Gastly. I’d have them in a neat little line in my binder and it wouldn’t bother me at all. The artwork just screams Gastly at me and I love it.

12 Likes

Lol, I was thinking about Gastly as well! I prefer the Fossil, that as a holo would be utterly sick. Not that I’d complain about a Base holo either.

1 Like

Base set Dragonair.

This Instagram user CollectibleInvestor (not sure if they’re on e4) has been creating these imagined non-holos as holographic and they are stunning images of what could have been. Although I’d prefer the galaxy/star Holo on this one so it falls in line with the other base set holos.

34 Likes

5 Likes

Just imagine how this holo would look with the beautiful color scheme (especially the magenta).

16 Likes

Flareon gang

16 Likes

The user I mentioned earlier also made this one!

10 Likes

The fact that these were never made holo in English (at least until Celebrations, but that doesn’t really count) is a travesty.

16 Likes

Even though it’s great as it is, I would have loved to see this in holo

15 Likes

The GOAT

17 Likes

So many to choose from, but I think this one would look cool

11 Likes

Such a missed opportunity :sob:

20 Likes

I think the pattern so far is “anything by Himeno.”

11 Likes

Anything Himeno is good with me!

4 Likes

Great choice, that Poliwhirl is one of my favorite uncommons. Every Poli in Neo Discovery is a banger.

2 Likes

Can i have one of these please…

4 Likes

This thread is for holo cards you wished existed, but I’ll buy you one of these right now if you want, lol.

4 Likes

He’s probably thinking of a holo version of the 3rd print variant.

2 Likes