Pokemon X Art

We’ve seen quite a few Pokemon crossover art cards (scream promos. Yu nagaba pikachu. Etc.)

What art Pokemon crossover would most like to see?

For me I’d like to see a van Gogh x Pokemon. It could be something like starry night with ghost Pokemon drawn in that impressionist style floating amongst the stars.

Let me know your thoughts :sparkles::star:

2 Likes

Starry Night needs to happen. Any salvador dali crossover would be awesome as well!

6 Likes

I posted this in my collection thread a few days ago (hell, I even titled it Pokémon x van Gogh😅). They’re from a colouring book, so not a card/mainstream item, but imo cool nonetheless.

*The thing I don’t love is how the Pokémon often feel like they’re just ‘sitting on’ the artwork, as opposed to being ‘in’ it. I’m sure there’s a word for that. Scream promos are a great example of how they make the Pokémon feel part of the original.

4 Likes

Goya, I need a Dark Snorlax or something akin to…

4 Likes

Yoshitaka Amano Pikachu

9 Likes

Imakuni x Porygon x Kandinski

6 Likes

I’m not a fan of crossovers but if I were I’d probably love to see something like:

• A fourth era-Picasso and 1908-1912 Braques collection with emphasis on extraterrestrials and pseudo-inanimates featuring Deoxys, Regice, Nosepass, Electrode, Magneton, Solrock, Starmie, Ditto, Cradily and Kartana. Outfitted with Neo Destiny-style Shining foil to emphasize lines and keep them intact.

I can think of hundreds of painters whose work neither would, could or should be made into Pokemon crossovers, but something like the abovementioned I think would really work.

2 Likes

Someone needs to commission a Snorlax painting in this style

1 Like

Wow thanks for sharing this! I had no idea this existed… And might have to go on the hunt for this colouring book

Needs to happen. I can almost see a porygon in this art if I stare long enough

2 Likes

@corncob2001 It can be yours for the princely sum of $5 :blush: It’s pretty widely available in Japan, searching Yahoo! Auctions or Shopping will give the best results ポケモン 塗り絵セレクション

I’m pretty sure they could do something fun with Dogs Playing Poker. You could also have a Campbell’s Suspicious Food Tin

1 Like

@caughtatpoint, I was just thinking the Dogs Playing Poker would be a great one. Really plays into a goofy pokemon themed art.

Really any art that captures animals could likely swap a mon in there :stuck_out_tongue:

Beksinki didn’t name his paintings but, depending on interpretation, this image could well represent The Poketuber.
Optionally, they could make it into more of a collab by inserting some demon-shaped Hidden Fates ETB’s flying in the background:

1 Like

Shining Gyarados x Great Wave please! Would be a great follow up to the Beauty Pikachu :heart_eyes:

2 Likes