Pokemon Web 2001 promotional cards

Hi ,

According to Bulbapedia the Pokémon Web contained reprints of cards featured in Base Set, Jungle, Fossil and Team Rocket, along with several promotional cards.

At current I’m only aware of one promotional. Are there more then the one below ?

The set itself contains reprints of Vending Promo’s (e.g. Venonat, (Masaki) Gengar) and the VHS Tape Intro Deck (e.g. Ivysaur, Wartortle) combined with reprints of Base, Jungle, Fossil and Team Rocket. The Wiki-entry on Bulbapedia is not wrong, but maybe unclear. I understand how it could be read as it having it’s own promo cards. Sadly (or maybe not) Bill is the only promo in the xxx/P series that have the Web logo on it.

1 Like

The text is somewhat ambiguous in its phrasing but it’s definitely supposed to be read the way genosha has clarified. The “several promotional cards” are contained within this very awesome Japanese-only 48 card set. The first set that was only available via the internet through Pokémon Center Online, hence its name. For me the Tamamushi Magikarp is the most iconic promotional card reprint in here. Closely followed by the Masaki Gengar and Machamp cards.

Tamamushi University magikarp reprint

1 Like