Pokemon Trivia And Observations

Got trivia or rare happen stance? Something the majority of the community doesn’t know? Well, let’s have it;)

Previous question must be correctly answered first.

Let me start.

We all know that Meowth and Pikachu are polar opposites. It was no mistake that one resembled a cat and one a mouse.
What’s another example of their being polar opposites?

WHO IS TOM AND JERRY

wait is this the right game show?

2 Likes

Solrock and Lunatone? :sob:

(I know I went off topic, I believe the answer above is correct??? idk)

@garyis2000

Does your question have only one absolute answer? Right off the bat I can think of too many comparisons.

I think if its just for Pikachu and Meowth than you could say their trainers are polar opposites of one another. good and “evil”

Not super unknown, but a lot of casual fans wouldn’t know that Clefairy was the original choice for Ash’s companion, and the mascot of the franchise.

4 Likes

It has something to do with their order in the Pokedex…

@garyis2000

Espeon (day/sun) vs Umbreon (night/moon)?

Pikachu is #25 and Meowth is #52, right?

7 Likes

To add on top of that i think Umbreon’s name is derived from antUmbra which occurs during a lunar eclipse.
Pitch black with a circle of light around the edges, just like the rings it carries on its body.
However perhaps i am over thinking this, it’s just a theory i always thought about that i came up with, it’s also likely its name just derives from darkness/shadow since it’s typing.

whereas Espeon just derives from ESP extra sensory perception boooooring.

These 2 pokemon can also be associated with ying and yang. Seriously umbreon and espeon are life.

5 Likes

What a fun topic always love fun facts :grin: Did you know Ken Sugimori’s favorite Pokemon is Gengar and least, Venusaur (due to the detail that goes into drawing it).

THIS WILL CAUSE A DEBATE. Which is the (first Pokemon) out of these four choices

Hopefully the link will work. pm1.narvii.com/5780/422075d87bca6ad61be519b3add7cfd4cdcde775_hq.jpg

Rhydon!

Zangoose VS Seviper; Mongooses eat snakes. Both of these mons are version exclusives for the Ruby and Sapphire games respectively.

2 Likes

Here’s one that I recently thought of. If someone stored their pokemon cards in a binder in pokedex order, and they could only get cards out of english booster packs what year is the first year they could have a complete pokedex of known pokemon?

2 Likes

LOL…technically all are correct:

Bulbasaur is the first Pokemon in the Pokedex
Rhydon was the first Pokemon ever designed
Mew is referred to as the base on which all Pokemon are patterned off of, and is the “new species” Pokemon
Arceus created the Pokemon universe, so it therefore must be the first Pokemon

3 Likes

I am large, but not the largest,
I am shiny, but not the shiniest,
I am the most rare, but have no secrets,
I would be nothing without the journey.

What is _______?

Gen 1 - Last one is mew black star promo 8. Released Jan 2000.
Gen 2 - Last one was a few in Neo rev. Released September 21, 2001
Gen 3-7 -:thinking:

Has to come from booster packs, aka set cards no promos.

Who is that Pokémon?

Ok, ok, an actual riddle/puzzle:

Solve the following riddles. If you add two spaces it will leave you with three word. Link a video with the same title as you’ve found. :blush:

1. Finish the sentence, and take the first two letters: Gotta catch them all…
  2. This Pokémon evolves from itself on a particular card. Take the two letters that are adjacently repeated in its name.
  3. There are just three Pokémon that start with these two letters: A third evolution from gen 1, a completely pink Pokémon from gen 5, a cloudy Pokémon from gen 3. One of the three can eat soup at any given time.
  4. In gen 2 we had two new types. Take the first two letters of the longest and hardest.
  5. The first three letters of a female-only bug, which has a male-only counterpart.
  6. The same two letters as riddle 3 again.
  7. Take the exact middle three letters of this Pokémon’s name, which is a Flying Dragon-Bat.

Hints regarding the found solution:

SPOILER: Click to show
  • Smite Janus
  • For science

Greetz,
Quuador