Pokemon Super Trainer Showdown: New Jersey Documents Dump

I recently came into ownership of a pretty comprehensive collection of information pertaining to the second held Super Trainer Showdown in late 2000. I am by no means an expert on the tournaments themselves, but I have not seen these documents posted anywhere else so enjoy!

Luckily Pojo still has all of their reports and photo albums online so I’ll leave a link to that as well, that is where I found out about the STS. www.pojo.com/Features/ECSTS2001/ECSTS2001.htm

Enjoy (hopefully everything posts in the correct order)

14 Likes

That’s cool & a wealth of information.

Someone from my professional life connected me with one of the players that placed in one of these events. We were emailing earlier today and are supposed to have coffee soon. He’s not into Pokemon anymore. I can ask him questions if you’d like. He mentioned knowing vintage well.

2 Likes

Funny how things line up sometimes, thank you for the offer!

I’ve read of strange double sided square cut cards that were given to participants of the first event in California, would be interesting to know if anything else along those lines were given out.

10 Likes

This is awesome, makes me want to go back in time so I could attend!

3 Likes

I was literally just thinking this. The art styles of everything in the wotc era just hits me right in the feels.

3 Likes

These documents are super nostalgic for me. I played in one of the regional qualifiers and did pretty well. I still have the hat I won, though I opened all of the boosters instantly!

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Do you have a picture of that hat? I still have my t-shirt from when I participated:

And @thundermoo , thanks for showing these documents!

1 Like