Pokemon Red & Green Sprites Tier list

Found another cool tier list! https://tiermaker.com/create/pokemon-red-and-green-sprites-7175

4 Likes

Poor mew :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Looks like a sad sperm cell.

1 Like

Once you’ve seen it you can never unsee it.

I’m sorry and you’re welcome.

25 Likes

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 10.46.24 AM

Are you trying to upset me?

slightly redeemed.

4 Likes

i forgot how awful most of these are

2 Likes

Haters will say that this isn’t a modern Classic.

1 Like

How they managed to put such a perfect, stately, dignified, one might even say regal looking Mr.Mime (am I forgiven yet?) amidst such an array of contorted prototypes is fascinating to say the least.

2 Likes

It was fun to do … I liked a lot the sprites of Haunter, Cubone and Mewtwo … they look awesome.
Thanks for sharing the Tier List!!!

2 Likes

All is well with the world now. I am at peace once again.

1 Like

Thank you for putting Haunter where he deserves.

3 Likes

Lots of great choices from others, so I’ll simply make 2:

tierRed

3 Likes

It would be pointless to do one since i would put everything in S tier. Love them. Especially the hideous ones.

4 Likes

Spoken like a true Muk connoisseur!

I considered doing “good goofy” and “bad goofy” tiers to my list but it would just be too many tiers. I can appreciate some of the foul ones like Dragonite, Scyther and Nidoking. Even something as grotesque as that Exeggutor can have a certain appeal if I stare at it from the right angle.

2 Likes

I’ve said before … that Haunter sprite looks awesome. I think that the mix of black and purple is really nice for that Pokémon. It’s eye-catching.
In fact, I think that the :sparkles: version of Haunter should be a reference to this palette color (black and purple with white effects)

On the other hand, sprites like Machamp and Golem disappointed me. They look awful :frowning:

2 Likes

@joponnes
lol. I do like the hideous ones, but that machamp is SO Derpy. I would love to see it on a card tho… Also looks kinda like Sabrina’s Master Ball…

I liked that in PkMn Stadium, they did make Shiny Gengar (Haunter too, maybe…) pitch black. More recent versions have gotten lighter. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

All of them are precious in their own right.

3 Likes