I made a MewTwo card tierlist

Same as last time, but this time i included the Japanese exclusives for all of the weebs. Here is the link. Please share yours by taking a screenshot or click the “save/download” button at the bottom.

Here is mine:

6 Likes

Objectively wrong but ok

8 Likes

2 Likes

Still biased but I actually kind of tried this time.

Mewtwo is my favorite pokemon so this was fun. This was all just gut feeling and I could very well shift it around quite a bit if I thought about it more. Cards within tiers are not in any specific order either.

2 Likes

I didn’t bother to include anything below B-tier because I either don’t know them or they don’t do anything for me.
@effectspore nice, seems we have a pretty similar taste for the very top tier Mewtwos :blush:
The GB promo is really something else. There is so much character and expression in Mewtwo’s eyes and its pose. This card was the main reason I got interested in the GB promos.

2 Likes

I might make a tier list later but looking it over I’ll say these are my 5 favorites:

2 Likes

I only care for old school so here is my tier

Fun game!

Should had called a category Copycat.

If Winner Best Reverse Rocket’s Mewtwo was here that would be the best WOTC Mewtwo. Some of it’s Topps and Meji incarnations are decent such as Meiji Mewtwo #1, Round One Equals Defeat and Stealing Pokémon.

Shining Mewtwo is poignant as it’s generic grey silver isn’t quite the same alien shade as it was in the Gen 2 sprite, I dunno, it was also a mistake it and others’ palette changed for the worse after the debut shine generation (Hounds/Tyranitar/Mewtwo/Lugia). However the reflection of the shards never gets old.
However the true Masterpiece Boss is this. Bandai Carddatssses greatest Pokémon card:

Lugia next.

anyone who does not put test tube mewtwo in s has serious problems

4 Likes

Everyone with Mewtwo promo 14 (VHS Mewtwo) at the top. Y’all are the real mvps

I actually don’t think Mewtwo has any F-tier card. But lots of them fall into the middle category for me.

U just haaad to bring it here lol

I wish I could upload my list. I’m on mobile at work and can’t figure out how to attach an image. I’ll try later at home. Love this idea though. Mewtwo is my favorite card

tiermaker.com/create/e4-mewtwo-tierlist-337362

@fourthstartcg, I put it in a tier is that good enough?

I’ll admit I’ve misplaced Detective Pikachu Mewtwo 12. That should have got the full art. The eyes, it’s got great Sphinx cat similarities and its pose is akin to the Stadium boss tributing RubySapphire original ex. Works better in Japanese as Mirror Reverse.

Those who have known me longest know I was a Mewtwo fanboy before I admitted I liked Gyarados more (as a kid it bothered me that he was Water/Flying instead of Water/Dragon, you know, childish things).

As such, I remember cutting out clips of Mewtwo cards I didn’t have from old magazines and making a wish list. I don’t know HOW some of you liked Mecha Mewtwo’s design over VS1 or Rocket’s Mewtwo.