Pokémon League Rewards Sheet

I’m wondering if anyone knows how many different types of reward stickers there were for the early Pokémon league days. I’m talking about these types that were stuck into this page of the badge book, and entitled you to the relevant black star promo:

So far I know of:
-Meowth (for rockets meowth?)
-Scizor
-Misdreavus
-Hitmontop
-Mew (not sure if holo or non holo version)
-Igglybuff
-Surfing Pikachu
-Togepi
-Cleffa
-Smeargle
-Eevee
-Computer Error

I’m putting this in general for now, but may migrate to a buy thread if I find some good answers.

1 Like

To my knowledge this is all of them.

3 Likes

Bonus photos of all the books and stickers: https://imgur.com/a/PRxhNJu

2 Likes

I was stuck between making a post or sending a DM :joy:, but good to open up the floor sometimes. I don’t know if it’s the Mandela effect, but in my head I can so clearly see an Arcanine and Flying Pikachu version too.

Just wondering, as it seems if that’s all of them, then why some obvious* gaps have been missed.

*must remind myself WOTC things often followed no discernible pattern or logic

Do you know which stickers were for badge book 1 and which stickers were for badge book 2 by any chance? The place to stick them is sooo much cleaner in badge book 2 it seems.

There were two different kinds of distributions through the League. There were “scheduled” distributions, which were explicitly tied to the badge book and the League schedule and were earned by participating in weekly League challenges. But there were also “special” distributions that were tied to impromptu tasks like art contests, worksheets, or marketing campaigns. This is why only a selection of the promos have these tracker charts.

It is possible there are additional sticker charts that indicate scheduled distributions, but I have not encountered them. It does strike me as odd there are only four “Gen 1” promo charts. Maybe there are more out there.

1 Like

The first pic with the four (notice they’re red and blue) is Badge Book 1.

The second pic is from Badge Book 2, notice they’re all gold-colored.

1 Like

Mew being the outlier with its red just feels like a tease…

This has stumped me for years. The one red one with three blue ones suggests there are more stickers. It’s also weird there’s only four charts for the whole badge book. But I just haven’t been able to find any additional sticker charts.

Theoretically, the presence of TM rewards supplements the lower number of sticker charts. These did not exist in Book 2. But it just feels like there should be more. Yet nobody I’ve talked to has had any, and none of my contacts who participated in early Leagues remembers additional stickers, and I haven’t found any used badge books with additional stickers in them.

I haven’t looked for a while, I sort of put this search to rest. I would never definitively state there are no more. Maybe there are. So if you find some, tell me!

1 Like