Pokemon FireRed Sealed. Real or Fake?

Hello fellow Pokemon fans!

I have recently bought a Pokemon FireRed game on Ebay still sealed, and for a okay price i might say. The problem is though… I don’t know if it’s a real sealed version of Pokemon FireRed. The Seller states on the auction that it’s a “Reproduction Import”

I have looked up some pictures on Google and all the original games that i could find, were with the “Wireless Adapter” printed on them, while this version i got, don’t have one. If it’s a Reproduction then, could it be real with the Wireless Adapter Logo missing?

• It does have the Glossy red effect on it.
  • It feels like there is some kind of boardholder like in the real version inside.
  • It doesn’t have the H seam on the back, like the real versions have, so that’s my main concern.

Do you guys have any idea if this is real or fake?

Thanks in advance.

Front - oi67.tinypic.com/1t07t1.jpg
Top - oi67.tinypic.com/9i9sv9.jpg
Left side - oi67.tinypic.com/mbmjvc.jpg
Right Side - oi66.tinypic.com/6pqf60.jpg

It’s a fake.

• As you say, Wireless adapter semi-circle is missing. All Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreens were shipped with it.
  • The ‘The Pokemon Company’ is wrong
  • An (R) on the Pokemon logo, while it should be TM

Also, H-seam is wrong.

Can’t judge the sides, since I got a PAL copy. But none of the sides have a Poliwhrirl or Snorlax on it. Only a lot of safety and production warnings.

Damn. But yeah i had the feeling that something was off about the game, but then i looked at this picture - tinyurl.com/yceoh32n and as you can see that there are no Wireless Adapter Circle on it. That’s why i bought it.

Are you positive that this is a fake? because then i might just open the sealing to see if the game is fake. I ofc don’t wanna do it if there is a small chance that this could be a remake or reproduction.

The Players Choice version was not shipped with the Wireless Adaptor. But the normal release was, because it was the first time Nintendo used the technology and what’s better than bundling it with the game that uses it the most; Pokemon?

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_FireRed_and_LeafGreen_Versions

1 Like

That’s the players choice model

Anything described as a reproduction is a fake copy.

Okay so we must conclude that there where only 2 boxes made, one with the Wireless Adapter included and one without with the “Player’s Choice” all other is fake?

I have one more thing. I found a auction on Ebay with the same box and everything, the guy is stating in the description
“POKEMON FIRERED VERSION GAMEBOY ADVANCE GAME - NEW AND SEALED. IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO FIND THESE GAMES NEW AND SEALED!!! PLEASE NOTE IF YOU PURCHASE THIS I WILL NOT REFUND IF IT HAS BEEN OPENED AS THIS WILL DECREASE THE VALUE. I THINK THIS MAY HAVE BEEN IMPORTED AS IT HAS WROTE ON THE SIDE: FOR SALE, RENTAL AND USE ONLY IN USA, CANADA, MEXICO AND LATIN AMERICA.”

Dem Caps :open_mouth:

And now that i look on my box i can see that there have something peeled off, Like there have been a “FOR SALE, RENTAL AND USE ONLY IN USA, CANADA, MEXICO AND LATIN AMERICA.” on it. Could it really be a third copy of the game have been made just for late game release?

I see now that my buy might have been a mistake, but i just think this is too good for a Bootleg gamebox.

Another thing that I see is that on your copy the sides with snorlax and poliwhirl are not the same red as the front and don’t have the shimmer/gloss effect. I would also echo the sentiment above that anything stated as a repro is not an actual copy.

Okay guys. I opened the box. And for sure it was a Bootleg version inside. Thanks for the help.