Pokemon English Energy Cards Collectors (Checklist)

I love that! A nice addition to any collection but certainly a unique energy!

@jab2004 Yes, thanks & will add those as well

1 Like

Hi ,

As having received the Trainer cards of the TMB 2001 and the TMB 2001 Energy cards of the previous owner I can say the Energy cards are not unique. The Energy cards are missing the TMB logo and as of this are identical to the Japanese VS Energy cards. So you can’t prove the Energy cards came from the TMB set. I would be happy if I’m wrong so correct me if so :blush:

1 Like

I have updated my energy checklist and added cards that depict energy in the artwork (this is only in the artwork, not energy cost symbols for attack or pokemon type in top right as that would be every monster card!)
Here are the cards in this category that I have currently collated and of course if you find other cards not listed please post a reply :blush:

I’ve been informed that the Diamond and Pearl energies do not a reverse holo variant @credits
Hope that helps in case you were looking for them!
Mjisaacs

1 Like

Hey @credits ! This is an awesome list. A few years back I started to try and collect all English energy cards as well. I am going to start to go through my collection to see what I am missing or if I have any not in your list yet.

I did come across this (https://imgur.com/8nynVvf) 1st edition base set energy. It is 1st edition yet it has the 1995, 96, 98 1999-2000 copyright. It has an English back but I believe it is a Chinese or Korean energy.

Yes, korean do have the english style back and it could very well be so. In that case it would not be included in the checklist. Unfortunately i have not been able to continue my involvement with my checklists but anyone else is welcome to take over and update accordingly.

Hi all, I have rejuvenated myself and revisited the energy binder that has been shelved for quite some time. It’s just one of those things…
Who is going strong with their energy collections?
Any new members that are “energy heads”?

These are the few that I just added after a trip to the local:

Common 2019 UN-numbereds
Dark Metal Energy (team Rocket Returns)
Triple Acceleration Energy (Unbroken Bonds)
*Elusive* Psychic (C)2011 Sheen Holofoil UN-numbered
Scramble Energy (Deoxys) with NEW un-recorded P0F-NGA-76Z stamped version

What new energies have you added lately?

2 Likes

That Dark Metal Energy is one of my favorites. I think I want to add the new holos to my collection next.

Although I dont “collect” foreign, added some new minty fresh foreign energies to my collection today.

1 Like

I really want to find all the Un-numbered 2011 Sheen energies but I have only seen the grass and psychic energies on ebay. I also want a 2016 Double Colorless Top 8 Promo, but the seller has it listed for $250. It is crazy that the seller got a hold of 4 of them.

The 2011 ones surely came in an additional product like the 2013 ones that came in Battle decks, but i have not seen or found anything to say where…I just picked up the grass 2011, most prob the one you speak of on ebay but luckily am not overly concerned with condition. It is fairly scuffed up. I also have a psychic 2011 so maybe they are the only 2 types that exist??? If you ever see anything please post it here :blush:
I just want one of each the base championship ones as to have each stamp. While I wouldnt knock back others for the right price, they dont really concern me that much.
How is your collection coming along? post some pics, maybe we can get some more interest in energy cards :wink:

1 Like

Added a few more:2011 Grass un-numberedNorth american championship Evolutions Double colorlessUnbroken bonds Memory EnergyUnified Minds Recycle energyfull set 2019 (S&M) Holofoil energies

I need to start working on those DCEs. How much did you pay for your rev Holo set? I got them for $12 inc. shipping. I really like them.

@risingtrout, about 10 incl shipping for the set. Im just hunting the normal champion DCEs just like the trainer kits, one of each will suffice :grin:

Here is my current Trainer Kit Energy collection. I also try and collect Japanese energies that have pokemon silhouettes in the corner

3 Likes

Nice looking collection.

@thefiercestorm , @risingtrout , am 99.99% sure I have found where the 2011 un-numbered holofoil energies originate from. The Black & White Red Genesect Collection contained an all reverse holo theme deck where it shows as having Leaf and Phychic reverse energies. The release date of September 25, 2013 would put it around the copyrighted date and predate the un-numbered 2013 release dates of the Battle Decks.
My 00.01% uncertainty is only because when watching youtube videos I can not confirm the copyright date visually.
So based on this information, I do not know that there would be any other holofoil energy types printed with the 2011(C)
Sources:www.amazon.com/Holo-Foil-Grass-Energy-Pokemon-Black/dp/B00GF5HZLQlinkbulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Black_%26_White_TCG_Series_merchandise#Red_Genesect_Collectionwww.youtube.com/results?search_query=red+genesect+opening:grin:

2 Likes

Thanks for the information, good to know why I could never find any others.

Dont know is anyone picked this up or if Credits continued work on it

A Possible addition to this would be the 2017c unnumbered cards. they where produced as normal energies and release as a rev holo first released in the Shining Legends elite trainer box, but while watching a box opening video of Battle Arena Decks: Rayquaza & Ultra Necrozma i noticed there are 6 energy’s in each for lightning and psychic which appear to have a water web effect on them.

It may have just been the light but for me it looked like a different effect to the standard plain rev holo.

2 Likes

I did notice this “new” terminology when doing my looking around the other day. If someone gets to see them side by side first hand and they are variants please reply here so I can update the checklist.
Thanks jab!