Pokemon English Energy Cards Collectors (Checklist)

This one now :sob:
www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Double-Colorless-Energy-International-Championship-90-108-ONLY-6-EXIST-/282511053967?hash=item41c6f8948f:g:ehUAAOSwTglYk4Hk

Youā€™re saying that my stack of energies from various sets that sitting right in front of me is not pointless? :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™ve got no clue what to do with it though, probably no buyers for it on eBay

depends what you have? most are worthless but I have listed them mostly based on copyright year. Some are actually worthy.

@credits

At first, awesome list!

Are you sure there are 5 different base sets? I can only recognize 4 of themā€¦?
1st Copyright 1995, 96, 98, 99 1999 (Shadowless, 1st printrun)
Unl Copyright 1995, 96, 98, 99 1999 (Shadowless, 2nd printrun)
Unl Copyright 1995, 96, 98, 1999 (3rd-5th printrun)
Unl Copyright 1995, 96, 98, 99 1999-2000 (6th printrun)

Small note:
I could not find the 1st edition Team Rocket in you list?

EDIT:

You motivated me to make a list of my own, I did encounter some differences. Like the reverses from HGGS and CoL, and several 1st editions. I came on a total of 625 unique Energy cards (including the 12 foreign of R&S) You can check it here.

Those are indeed the main four. Maybe @credits meant Grey stamps? Or thin?

Here is an example of a 1st edition Shadowless Grey, Thick and Thin stamp:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

aah, that would add another set to his list, so it could count to 6 Base sets.

Butā€¦ (I know) the 1st edition stamps on the Energyā€™s (and Trainerā€™s) are placed elsewhere on the cards, do they have thick and grey stamps as well?

Is it safe to say a PSA/BGS 10 1st Ed Base Double Colorless Energy the most valuable ā€œbooster releasedā€ energy in the game?

Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve seen Grey stamp Energies, but Iā€™m not 100% sure.

As for Thin, I dunno. Thin non-holos are very hard to find in general (have yet to see evidence of a single Thin print Pikachu). Iā€™ve only seen four Wartortles, two Charmander, a Squirtle and a Rattata so far. No idea if there are any Thin print Energies. Energies and Trainers are each from a different sheet than PokĆ©mons, and since there are barely any Thin stamp non-holos to begin with, I have yet to see evidence of any Energy and/or Trainer sheet printed with Thin stamps. But who knowsā€¦

Tbh, Iā€™ve never paid much attention to Trainer/Energy 1st edition stamps to begin with. The only ones I study in every case on eBay is Pikachu. :stuck_out_tongue: Still hoping to come across a Thin stamp Pikachu, Grey stamp Red Cheeks Pikachu, or back imprinted stamp Yellow Cheeks Pikachu some day. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Hi and thank you for your kind words!

Yes, you are most probably correct. My (uneducated) knowledge was there was a 1st ed shadowless, shadowless, 1st ed shadowed and shadowed, then the UK copyright print run. So you are indicating that there is no 1st ed shadowed from cross referencing your info to my list. If so, i need to take them out.

I added the 1st ed TR after posting the link. (updated now, along with a few additions. Mainly the recent double colorless Evolutions ?regional? foils)

Also, this sub collection started on variances in copyrights so im not concerned about thick or thin or blemishes etc but you could certainly add that to a list of your own if desired.

If you see any other anomalies or additions, please tell :blush:

Do you collect energies aswell?

@credits

I made a list yesterday :blush: and got a total of 631 unique energys (including the 12 Foreign of the R&S era).

I did thought about it to start an energy collectionā€¦ Did not yet happen though :stuck_out_tongue: I collect Mewā€™s in al languages.

Oh, The List

Minor thread hijack: Can the famous 1st edition Charizard also be printed in Thin/Thick/Grey stamps? Would the price of it be very high if it was on a PSA 10?

I have updated my checklist found in post #1 for anyone who cares :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I donā€™t collect energies individually only if they are in the sets but this check list is amazing thank you for the great piece of work.

1 Like

Also i have just remembered did you include the Tropical Mega Battle Vs energy cards.

No, but I will. Geez, another costly addition somewhere in the future!
Thx J

I know you will probably already know this but you need to added the Sun & Moon unmarked/un-numbered (C)2017 reverse holos from the shining legends ETB

1 Like

Checklist update.
Added all World Championship printed energy cards and now the list contains over 1000 unique cards!
Next addition will be cards that contain energy within the artwork :blush:

ENERGY IS LIFE!

2 Likes

Going to pick that 2018 energies up when I get some funds.

Here my grail energy
imgur.com/gallery/oyHs2

1 Like

Love the new updates. just as another addition, there is a Latin America version of Evolutions Double colorless cards

i.ebayimg.com/images/g/dcsAAOSw1JVaIIBN/s-l500.jpg

not the greatest picture but the best i could find.

1 Like