Pokemon English Booster Pack Weight Database

Team Rocket Unlimited (Long Stem Hanger Pack)

21.00g - Holo Dark Blastoise
21.04g - Holo Dark Hypno
21.14g - Holo Rocket’s Sneak Attack

Base Set Unlimited (Short Stem)

21.00g - Holo Nidoking

Gym Challenge Unlimited (Short Stem)

21.34g - Holo Brock’s Ninetales

1 Like

updated the spreadsheet as of 1/7/22

1 Like

Have some more semi old pack weights for you. Sadly a lot of light packs but had to be sure! Bought them to open anyway :blush:

Platinum Arceus
18.06g Non Holo rare + Normal Reverse

HGSS Triumphant
18.56g Holo rare + normal reverse
18.40g Non-Holo Rare + normal reverse

D&P Base
18.92g Holo rare + normal reverse
18.80g Non-Holo Rare + normal reverse
18.70g Non-Holo Rare + normal reverse

D&P Mysterious Treasures
19.09g Non-Holo Rare + normal reverse

Thanks!

2 Likes

Updated sheet with leonhart’s new videos

A moment silence for the deoxys packs lost during his trials, the data is hard to come by and desperately needed. Deoxys starting to show clear trends in weights

4 Likes

Omg i’ve been looking for a spreadsheet like this for ages, thank you!

1 Like

Hey there! I have a bunch more pack weights for you. Hopefully some more people post more data soon! Hope this helps :blush:

Diamond and Pearl Mysterious Treasures
19.29g - Holo Rare + Normal Reverse
18.58g - Non-Holo Rare + normal reverse

Platinum Base Set
18.62g - Non-Holo Rare + normal reverse
18.55g - Non-Holo Rare + normal reverse

Diamond and Pearl Base Set
18.77g - non-holo rare + normal reverse

Platinum Arceus
18.42g - Non-Holo Rare + normal reverse
18.65g - Holo rare + normal reverse

HGSS Base Set
18.36g Non-Holo Rare + normal reverse

HGSS Undaunted
18.39g Non-Holo Rare + normal reverse

HGSS Triumphant
18.29g Non-Holo Rare + PRIME in the reverse slot :grin: not sure how you want to count that since primes are always in the reverse slot but it was definitely a.hit for me!

EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua
17.37g Holo rare + normal reverse

EX Sandstorm
17.49g Holo rare + non Holo rare + normal reverse (these sets must be like the old WOTC e series sets…)

Thanks for keeping this data together!

3 Likes

Thank you for the info I have added it. I think pack opening data will remain hard to come by until grading becomes cheaper (and they start giving out 10s to pack fresh cards lol)

1 Like

Thanks for this info. I assume the Base Set weights are for unlimited packs. I wanted to ask if the weights for Base Set are also true for Base Set 1st Ed.? I’m not sure if there was any variance in between print runs.

Right now they are all mixed together because I wasnt seeing any distinct variance in wotc sets between 1st and unlimited. Wotc in general has been very consistent. but perhaps I should break it down a bit more in the list

Saw a very heavy Ex Dragon pack being sold and I just had to buy it. 17.56 on their scale, 17.58 on mine. Pulled this absolute stunner:

I knew it was a heavy pack, but man, ex pulls hit so hard. Tmw you lift up a card to see a thicc sparkly silver border is just too epic. And the Latios pull is especially crazy since the last heavy Ex Dragon pack I opened contained the Latias ex! This set has truly blessed me :sob:

Here they are together:

12 Likes

@mattybrolic, sick!!! congrats. I pulled the same Latios a couple years back and it remains one of my favorite cards in my collection. Opening exs is truly priceless!

1 Like

I remember seeing that! It’s beautiful, I never thought I’d pull it as well. One of my favorite moments as a collector for sure. Ex Dragon has so many great holos and exs that I would have been happy with anything, but Latios ex is in my top 3 cards from the set!

2 Likes

just watched a ex dragon box break on twitch islandgrown, and the pack weights were <17.12 was light and the twelve heavies were 17.14-17.23. Seems that weights are very box specific, as the heaviest pack in this box was 17.23.

1 Like

New member here - invited by wise-wailmer.

I recently opened my box of Deoxys and weighed all the packs. Do you want weights for all 36 packs?

3 Likes

Thanks for joining the forum! I think all 36 weights would be extremely helpful. its so rare to see deoxys opened with a whole box sample size. If you want to just post them here I will add them to the database based on the 12 heaviest being the holos
or you can just dm them to me or email them if thats easier

Email sent with the pack weight info. I can’t report on contents, since they will all be offered for sale (most after a trip to PSA).

1 Like

I will update the list later today. And no worries I dont blame you! Grade the lights I personally feel confident enough to report the weights since they’re all from the same box

I uploaded the data! Best of luck with the sales and thank you for getting us some of the hardest data to come by

Just curious, does anyone have insight on weighing vintage Japanese packs? I have 1 of Wind from the Sea and 1 of Split Earth but haven’t been able to find anything online.

I’d also love to know vintange Japanese heavy/light pack weights, specifically base set! Was looking at buying some heavy packs but wanted to make sure they were indeed heavy