Pokemon Confessions

when i first got back into the hobby in 2020, i would weigh packs of modern and sell the lights on ebay lmao

1 Like

a friend had charizard and i was jealous. he had forgotten it while playing in the garden and his father had run over the card with a lawnmower. I was way more pissed off than my buddy and it drove me crazy that he didnā€™t care.

traded unlaminated cards for laminated holo alakazam. he said" its save vs damage and much better than your card" logic 10 of 10, smart dude @heichung luckily no goldstar was hurt in the process ><

I annoyed my cousin until he finally got tired of it and after several trades the good cards were exchanged for my bad ones

2 Likes

Lol!

1 Like

When I was in first grade I was sitting behind the school bus driver and right before we got to my stop I looked in between her seat and the wall and found a Pokemon Blue cartridge. I donā€™t know if she confiscated it or if another kid left it there for some reason but the thought that it belonged to someone else didnā€™t even cross my mind as I swiftly put it in my pocket. It worked out well because I only had Red version and needed to complete my Pokedex.

Karma did eventually catch up to me because the next year I let a ā€œfriendā€ borrow Red and Blue as well as a Yugioh game and he never returned them.

3 Likes

I got my original japanese dark chaizard the same way but it was from a LCS

I borrowed a friendā€™s copy of emeraldā€¦ 12 years agoā€¦

4 Likes

I spent some of the savings I had ( with my other half that has full access too it ) on a PokƩmon card

I never told them until they asked and I said I put it into an investment

Sooo I didnā€™t really lie but ā€¦ I kind of did :sweat:

Will let you know if I become single

1 Like

In 2nd grade I swiped a classmateā€™s Japanese Sabrinaā€™s Alakazam. At the time I thought it was so cool that it was in Japanese. I still have the card on my desk and every time I see it I think about that moment.

1 Like

Please donā€™t do this in the future. That is actually alarming.

10 Likes

I bought a case of Eevee Heroes and I opened all of it. All of it. The word Eevee sends a shiver down my spine.

4 Likes

I like this thread!

1. When I was in 5th grade I hustled a friend to trade his Shadowless Charizard to me for a Neo Genesis Piloswine. :shushing_face:
  2. Mid-2020 some guy with 2500 followers bought a card from me via IG, then stated he wanted to return it after receiving it. Mind, it was a graded PSA 10 card. Without me responding, he threatened to blast me on IG if I didnā€™t accept and pay for a return label.
    I complied, then bought something from his eBay just to leave a negative review to kill his 100% feedback :joy:
  3. Traded a family friend (same age) my Beedrill for her holo Flareon. She cried and told her parents, and I got in trouble by my parents and had to trade it back. I stole the card a week later when I went to her house :smiling_imp:
7 Likes

oh my this is savage

2 Likes

In 2012/2013 I would talk trash about people who weighed packs like they were the devil incarnate, and on the very same day I would go to Target and weigh packs with my pocket jewellery scales.

7 Likes

Sold super weak PSA 10s 9s without disclosing obvious flaws (e.g, corner dings and dents, deep scratches). I mean afterall PSAā€™s decisions are absolute.

Reading these lets me know we were way more badass when we were 8-10 :joy:

I am beginning to understand your constant need for validation here with the Rayquaza Gold Star/Mysterious Pearl. It seems like this is something that still weighs heavily on your conscience.

I hope for you and your partnerā€™s sake you are able to come to terms with this struggle. Trust is integral in any relationship.

13 Likes

Iā€™d also like to add he said it was an ā€˜investmentā€™ which implies making money off of it which requires actually selling the card. Do you actually plan on selling the card which you clearly quite like in your collection?

1 Like

To be fair, you donā€™t need to sell something to it call an investment.
A stock based retirement strategy is also an investment which you are not going to sell for 30ā€“40 years. Or with dividend stocks, maybe will never sell.

You first example is an investment you still need to sell and the 2nd doesnā€™t require you to sell to make money. By definition of investment you need to be making profit off of your investment. So unless your investment is something like divident stocks, you DO need to sell for that thing to be an investment. A pokemon card you buy with 0 intentions of selling is NOT an investment and therefore heā€™d be lying to his girlfriend.

1 Like

but i thought the strategy was: buy pokemon card, if it goes up call it an investment, if it goes down, call it ā€˜part of my collectionā€™

8 Likes