Pokemon cards featuring other pokemon cards

Admiring this “Pokemon Card Fan” Summer Battle Road promo card as a Komiya enjoyer… and think it’s really cool how the card art also features the backs of pokemon cards.
Are there any other examples of Pokemon cards featuring cards in the artwork? :thinking:

14 Likes

The Touch Generation Change promo cards. These cards signified the change of Japanese cards from Old back to New back.

Edit: Also by Komiya!

Cheers!

14 Likes

Got PCL with the new back design on the computer

Also not sure if this counts from vending

14 Likes

Check out Vending Series 3

12 Likes

Wow totally forgot about these for a moment! Some of my favorites as well! thank you :blush:

1 Like

Love vending series!! These are awesome! :smiley: thank you!! :blush:

1 Like

Oh wow that’s a cool one! Didn’t even realize that! How awesome :smiley: thank you !! :smiley:

I am still looking for thos card, although slowly. This card is so cool to me

17 Likes

Haven’t been able to find any more, except for the set symbol of the Natta Wake promos, which doesn’t really count tbh. Here the Hoppip as example:

Also, seeing the Ancient Mew @thymeee shared above, there are three times TCG cards were shown in the anime a.f.a.i.k.:

M02: Pokémon the Movie 2000: The Power of One:

EP073: Bad To The Bone (Japanese only):

AG079: Pearls are a Spoink’s Best Friend
image image

Greetz,
Quuador

8 Likes

Not a Pokémon card, but it features TCG Pokemon cards so maybe it counts

8 Likes

Creatures Deck:

4006944-053_FR (1)20220223215748210~2

15 Likes

The 2019 Champions’ Festival promo

3 Likes

Maybe I’m missing something, but where can you see a Pokemon Card?

I didn’t even know this existed and now I’m sad I’ll never have it. :cry:

The pictures in the background are artworks from previous years. So technically not a card, just the art

Cards that features other cards are sick. I have the vendor series full set + generation change cards and I occasionally look at their art for fun :slight_smile:

Oh, completely forgot about this one!

Greetz,
Quuador

came across this and thought it sorta fit? :people_hugging:

9 Likes

Wow, nice find! Really missed noticing that the inscription features a card on it. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

1 Like

Came here to post this! History Gate my beloved😩