Cards Discovered / Revisited

Post a card(s) that you have never seen before, or a card(s) that you have not seen in a long time. Niche releases are welcome.

Here is my submission:

Latias & Latios 2005 Spring Battle Road Lottery Promos

These cards were available in Japan at official Pokémon Card Gym locations during the Spring Battle Road in April 2005. Attendees who purchased at least ¥500 worth of Pokémon merchandise became eligible to enter the lottery.

More information on the 2005 Battle Road here: Battle Road 2005 - Pokumon

7 Likes

What is the most unknown and unique card you know about? :slight_smile:

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes

Thanks, @quuador! I’ve been finding a lot of cards in auction recently that I haven’t seen in years, which is what prompted me to make this thread.

I thought that it was different enough from the one that you posted, but I might be wrong. If it is too overlapping, please delete this thread. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I remember having those as a kid, but not the promo version, the common ones

1 Like

No need to delete it, since it might be slightly different. My response in both threads would be fairly similar though, hence the link. :wink:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Since I’m a Kimura collector, stumbling upon this hidden Pikachu amongst all of the numerous japanese product releases was quite a treat! And it has a holo pattern I had never seen before!

It’s from the WakuWaku Everyone’s Exciting Battle set pictured below:

10 Likes

1 Like

I wasn’t familiar with this variant of a Komiya Gabite from Supreme Victors, always loving a nice crosshatch holo on a nice card art

5 Likes

I really like Rumble cards. The art style is unique and the tie in to the actual Pokémon Rumble video game makes the set have its own identity. The Japanese side also has some pretty expensive ones that weren’t released in English. According to Bulbapedia, the Japanese exclusives have around 100 copies.

All in all, a really unique release and something that many collectors probably haven’t seen or heard of.

3 Likes

I often forget about the game these cards came from. It’s a great little side-set! Tangela, meloetta, arita, kawayoo, kusajima… Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No problem! Here’s a quick link just in case you (or anyone else) wants to see that sets contents

3 Likes

I haven’t seen this one in a long time! What a great card for Piplup collectors.

5 Likes

One of my favorite artists and definitely one of my favorite Piplup cameos! This artwork has been rereleased quite a few times across English and Japanese, and it’s always lovely to see again. Absolutely adorable for sure!

2 Likes

My entry is the Korean version of Shiny Collection/Radiant Collection. English yellow borders, Japanese set numbers, English back, unique “bubble(?)” foil… A very odd sight when I first picked up a couple of these chicks. I had never seen this foil type before

6 Likes

In a similar vein to @Tapp, I recently discovered a Greninja I didn’t know about. I typically only do English/Japanese, but this one also has a unique holo pattern to it. Seems similar to the cracked ice pattern used in the Greninja 209/XY-P, but a bit different. Also different than the cracked ice pattern used in English theme deck cards.

5 Likes