Pokemon Carddass Vending Sticker +Card Set

Hello - I’m new to the E4um so forgive if I do any of this wrong. Awhile back I traded a graded card I was selling for $50 for a Japanese Pokemon Holo Carddass Sticker set, which also includes a card on the back (they do not match). The set includes #s1-36, but I cannot find any real info on this despite searching via Google, eBay and even on here I’m not really seeing the version I have.

I believe the set is real, but I don’t have proof - I’m also clueless as to what year, version, potential value etc as there are so many it’s confusing. I understand PSA won’t grade because they are stickers, but they also have card art on the backs so I don’t know.

Any help/advice Is much appreciated!

Have you checked here? Its pretty thorough

2 Likes

Wow that is a fantastic resource and love the visuals, thank you for letting me know! Unfortunately the set I have is not one of the ones listed, but I’ve seen a single one here & there when I spent hours searching.

I’m sure there is a better place to post my question about what I have, and I am happy to provide photos etc if it helps. I’ll take any sort of info I can get at this point, noting I am a newbie on E4.

Photos would definitely help

2 Likes

Definitely post some pictures.

Are they by any chance like this since these cards seem to be a repeating confusion for collectors?

No nothing like those - I work, finally have a little time to take some quick pics. Ok I took a few on my phone…but can’t figure out how to upload on here, maybe it won’t let me because I’m still a newbie?

Apologies on the lighting, just took the pics where I was at the moment

Unfortunately, probably and very high likely that these are just bootleg stickers.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Bummer, thanks for the info - I hate fake cards or anything fake Pokemon. Probably why I couldn’t find any info on them. Is there a place to post fake cards on here to warn others?

Yep, bootlegs. However I dont know if they are vintage bootlegs or modern bootlegs made to look like old ones taking advantage of the general ignorance on non-tcg vintages.

A general rule of thumb that I’ve been using for Pokemon non-TCG things that I’m not familiar with is if it’s missing the copyright info, it’s probably some bootleg/counterfeit. Doesn’t mean that anything with copyright info is real, but if it’s missing, I assume it’s fake. Don’t know this is as broadly applicable as I think.

Edit: Oops, just looked over the thread again, and for some reason, I thought you said you couldn’t find the copyright info.

1 Like

Wow! Cool! They remind me of these old DBZ bootleg vending stickers. Similar kind of layout and approach: Screen-clip with a foil treatment and a clean bottom frame and series number. Oddly, these DBZ cards were somewhat well known, and there are collectors out there. I was one, but they’re too expensive for bootlegs, IMO. I wonder what the print run was for the PkMn ones you have…

No idea - I have #1-36 and you can clearly find some of the same art in Carddass sticker sets from around that time. I didn’t give up much to get it, and the art is very crisp, but I’d honestly like to maybe trade them to someone who likes the art and/or early bootlegs. Adding I would always let people know they are not official Pokemon.

1 Like