"Pokemon Card 151" Set - General Discussion

Do we know if these binders are a standard 9-pocket and how many pages are in it? I guess without the full setlist we wouldn’t know if it would fit the full set but dunno if we have that info yet. I’m kind of interested in collecting a master set of this (as I’m sure many others are) but don’t wanna drop the extra cash if it’s not necessary

1 Like

oh wow! thats beautiful and what makes it cooler is that Okacheke did a Slowpoke for the 2019 contest

8 Likes

Card files are 2 card page folders - so it’ll be like the Pokémon GO Card File Set

If you’re looking for a 9-pocket binder, there will be a Card Binder Premium 151

The page pockets are numbered too (refill pages are not)

3 Likes

Thanks for that - seems like a pretty easy pass and would rather get a nicer binder without rings!

3 Likes

Intersting. THanks for the info.

Like Johnnymucho said, but also because it doesn’t hold the whole set?! C’mon PkMn!
If the set is at least 151, and these binders appear to have 4 slots, double sided, that’s only 80 cards… It does say 9 pocket… I’m just stickin with my current binder type.

That Himeno Venonat is everything wrong with modern Himeno.

She should really go back to her old style.

New Porygon card by 5ban Graphics:

18 Likes

All right, THIS ONE is a direct reference to the original art.

Although I wish they stuck with the river/water because it always reminded me of the Porygon interaction from Pokémon Snap.

7 Likes

I smell a binary joke (Conversion 1 and Conversion 2 on old Porygon, the new Porygon’s attack is Conversion 4).

1 Like

Porygon’s Conversion 3 is from CP6

3 Likes

illus. Taira Akitsu

AR Psyduck

illus. Whisker (new artist)

19 Likes

Saw this on Google news
Soo nice
Here the link. Idk if 100% real

https://www.pokebeach.com/2023/06/poliwrath-line-from-pokemon-card-151

3 Likes

The poliwhirl AR is absolutely beautiful

4 Likes

It would be cool if all 151 got an alt art!

24 Likes

Love me a solid golduck but idk how I’m feeling about that beak :expressionless:

2 Likes

How does an illustration group known for their CGI style make such an underwhelming illustration of the CGI pokemon? Clouds a different style than the trees which are different than the rock. Why is it floating but in standing flat pose?

Time to bring this topic back Opinions on 5ban Graphics?

1 Like

The preview cards are looking amazing!!!

The one important question I have rn - will there be any trainer/s in this set?

1 Like

There will be an Lt. Surge FA and AR Card.

BXicz8w

7 Likes

I am honestly sad I have to include this in my porygon timeline collection…

I feel like historically, 5Ban has no creative inspiration. Their stuff ha always been underwhelming from a compositional standpoint. In THIS case, it is disappointing from a consistency standpoint: Yes. The clouds are a different feeling than the style of the terrain. It’s a clear reference to the original, but it’s like they said, “OK, what do we need to do to get a paycheck?” IDK, maybe this is harsh. maybe they truly put their creative spirit into this… but I HOPE not. That would be tragic, as a professional graphics company.

edit: looking at the new one again, it’s the lighting that kills it for me. It feels somehow more like morning kids’ TV programming than the OG one did. That has a more b-movie CG monster feel… all because of the lighting.

834d66bb69e16ee85d3d867eca467f415eefd7b0_2_347x485

6 Likes

Imakuni hasn’t drawn a card since 2012, and since none of the cards in this set are actually reprints I’m guessing TPC resorted to their most used CGI group to fill in. 5ban Graphics did its job quite well I think, a modern minimalist UI impression on 90s CGI. Other CGI groups like aky CG Works, N-Design Inc or PLANETA have more realistic styles and wouldn’t be able to capture the charm as well

5 Likes