Pokemon Art Academy TCG Illustrator Competition

$40? Really…

How do they calculate that retail value?

No idea, found it here in the rules:

www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-art-academy/competition/rules/

I’m thinking more of $40 EACH, at least.

Well yeah, I assumed it meant 40 dollars each to begin with.

That’s a tidy 4000 dollars and I’d said 40 is a bare minimum you could get. At LEAST double that assuming the artwork is pleasent and what not.

If they do not releases more then 600 cards for each of the 2 contests, I predict each card will be $600 or more. Look at FA Rayquaza and FA Giratina and those had 1,000 or so copies of each. The old Kids WB contest cards were released to the artists AND prize packs for 1,000 or more 2nd place winners. Does anybody here know how many of the Kids WB contest were printed? There were 5 total different cards in the set with Pikachu, Treecko, Mudkip, Torchic, and Whismur ?I think? in that set. Funny, it was the original Hoenn era.

Pure hype :wink:

Hnnnnnnnggggggghhhhhh!

I looked up a bunch of examples of art in Pokemon Art Academy and some of them are purely amazing.

I am completely out of my league. I’m not sure how willing they will be to accept extremely mediocre drawings so I won’t bother purchasing the game.

Winners! www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/paa_contest2/?i001=news

3 Likes

Love the Pikachu/Dedenne, and the Space Pikachu.

1 Like

Mudkip is there just to troll

Interstellarchu.

Goomy and Sableye are also great, looking forward the moment when these hit the market. :blush:

1 Like

They’re literally all Pikachu. ugh. At least the Sableye is seriously awesome.

1 Like

The space pikachu is a great one, the office pikachu is just making me laugh XD :rofl:

Hopefully a few sets get put up for sale soon I want one bad

Awesome winning entries, well deserved! I still have 2 weeks to enter but will never beat that haha xD

Absolutely stunning pikachu’s. $40 though… I think my wallet is gonna take a much harder pounding if I hope to get my hands on any of these!

surely all the winners will put up a lot of their cards for sale. we should all get a chance to buy.

im close to buying the game and entering some troll submissions through magikarp etc.

i wouldn’t mind doing an awesome and vicious looking granbull though.

40 bucks where?

Last day to enter :stuck_out_tongue:

Can we just take a moment to recognize the sheer beauty and attention to detail this beautiful depiction of Gourgeist and other Pokes is?

6 Likes