pokecollectoramy's fledgling sealed collection

Over the last few months have decided to finally take the dive into some sealed booster packs (no boxes yet) but pretty happy so far. The nostalgia factor is crazy and I even broke down and opened a couple lol (including the 1st ed japanese expedition that is pictured) and what a rush to open those old packs, seriously. The “big hitter” is the 1st ed base set German, which seems to be undervalued given the prices some of the psa 10 German holos go for at auction but also it was the only way i was getting a 1st ed base pack at this point in time :stuck_out_tongue:

Will add to here soon, as I just purchased a couple of packs from a couple of sources.

Does anyone have any special way they store their sealed product? I’ve been using card savers and perfect sleeves psa graded sleeves to protect. The 1st ed german is in an acrylic case picked up from etsy

17 Likes

Awesome sealed collection! :blush: I’ve opened so many packs over the years, but not lately, prices being what they are haha.

I store my short crimp packs in an empty Jungle booster box. The long crimp packs I store in a 3x5 Vaultz lock box. They fit almost perfectly.

I don’t sleeve any of my sealed packs (personal choice), but using the cardsaver + sleeve method is the nicest looking way IMO. That acrylic case is also super cool.

1 Like

Nice start.
You should chase all the Base sets in every language and Edition.

1 Like

Can never go wrong with any first edition WOTC pack!

2 Likes

Ultra Pro Tarot card sleeves is what I’d recommend sleeving english booster packs, as they fit pretty nicely. Japanese packs however are a bit longer and stick out a bit.

1 Like

Thank you guys!

Some new additions

13 Likes

Wow nice!

1 Like

Great start! Keep em coming! I’ve never seen a holding case like the one you have the German 1st ed base set blastoise pack in! Where did you find that and what are those cases called?? I just guessed German btw so forgive me if I choose the wrong language.

Thank you!

I bought this: www.etsy.com/listing/619310958/pokemon-booster-pack-display-box-acrylic?ref=hp_rv-1&frs=1

1 Like

Do you get that slight bend in the top of the card savers with packs as well? Im worried over the long term it might damage some of my packs

Awesome stuff, also reminds me how much I enjoyed Ex Deoxys at the time, great memories. I only have boxes, not individual packs, so I can’t actually say anything useful here haha.

1 Like

Truthfully I’m not sure how my current packaging will do long term. Anyone have any tips for other storage?

What’s the going rate on the german base set booster packs?

I don’t sleeve most of my packs, but when I do, I back them using a 3x5 toploader and PSA perfect fit sleeve. The toploader is long enough so that the entire pack lays flat against it. Looks nice too!

3 Likes

I feel like just in card savers without team bags the top of the plastic where you put the pack in gets bent. But if you have a team bag tight it seems like that goes away. I hope my packs are okay!

Got mine for about $110

One new one…great art

4 Likes

Did you get this off of reddit? If so I’m glad it arrived safe and sound. Sorry for the delay from USPS :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha yes! Thank you