Pikachu victory ring 2005 spring battle road

Hi Guys,

I need some help with a potential purchase of the card in the title. I have seen this card in person in Japan and on first thoughts I thought this is a 9-10 grade for sure. Then I noticed under light a tiny potential dent or mark on the back corner. It’s minute I don’t think my camera would pick it up and the store only allowed me to take one photo so I don’t know if you can even see it.

imgur.com/gallery/DK2ex

As I understand if a card has a dent psa mark it immediately down to a six is that correct?

Also I’m not sure of the value of this card it’s not something I would normally collect. I can’t find any recent sold listings on ebay either only one listing for a psa 10 at £1,100. The sale price is $435 which seems like a good deal for this card in a 9-10 condition but I’m just a bit worried about the risk. Any thoughts advice would be appreciated!

40,000 jpy?
Sounds like the same one I saw in Tokyo.
If you want get it?

It’s in Tokyo so probably is the same one! It’s not typically the type of card I collect so would be more of a impulse buy and not be adding to my current collection goals. Not that it wouldn’t be a great card to own just obviously I have a budget to spend on cards here in Japan. I am currently weighing up my options and exploring more card shops to see what’s available. So many shops!!! :open_mouth:

Not always an immediate six but it usually is. Does it only show up under harsh light (like masaki imprints) or just a pin point dent that’s always there?

1 Like

I needed the light to see it but I’m still not sure if it’s a dent or imprint or what it’s harder to examine it properly in store than if you are at home and have better lighting and more time without the guy waiting for you to check every angle Haha I might go back and have another look later!

Last sold on eBay was $1200 I believe. It was months ago and that £1100 copy hasn’t moved for 2 months and has been sitting in my box since.

1 Like

One with a dent sold at yahoo auctions for 300$ in April 2017.

A pair sold for 700 usd also in April 2017.

My guess is since yours is dented , it would fall around that range if you want a quicker sale, perhaps more now since there is a lack of supply.

1 Like

There is currently a 2005 version with the original case up on yahoo for 90k yen so loose mint copies should be fetching less. It has been up for months.

1 Like

That price is more than fair. This card and the victory mew are stupid underrated for their rarity. There has been a larger supply this year than any I can remember. Regardless the price you paid even with the condition is fair.

1 Like