Pieter's Poké Pic(k)s (8/21)

Hey everyone, I came across this forum a few months ago from Facebook. Ever since, this has become one of my go to places for pokemon, alongside Pokebeach and Virbank City. This year I am traveling the world, before I go to college (awaiting acceptances), and being away from home, I’ve felt that I haven’t had much to contribute here (not that my small collection would offer anything that isn’t already on here). But I found two pictures on my phone from stuff I picked up at Worlds 2016, right before I left to travel.

I haven’t actually seen much merchandise (sleeves and deckboxes) on here, and most of the stuff in the pictures was probably bound to get flipped, but I have some rare ones that I’ve held on to. I began collecting them because in 2010 I really liked the Umbreon/Espeon and Walking Starters Decks boxes/sleeve sets, and I never managed to get them at Worlds that year (I got the Charizard ones though). At Worlds 2013 some other guy beat me to it, and I didn’t even get the Walking Starters deck box until a Plasma Freeze pre release. It seems like such a simple goal, but I was honestly so happy to finally get it, and then the others turned up pretty easily, but especially to get that deck box and 5 primes and 5 legend pieces for $20 felt great. Sometimes it feels silly to collect accessories to cards, but its the same as collecting cards that won’t be played.

Anyway knowing that I was going to have a year away from my cards, I traded away anything meta to grab Starter Evolutions and other stuff that would hold value over time, and I think I did fairly well with my haul at Worlds, because I walked home with more money than I came with (I live 45 minute drive from SF), and I got rid of cards like VS Seekers and tons of other trainers that I picked up in bulk for the merchandise and cards pictured.

The EX Series sealed product is the start of a collection (which will prove costly and difficult), and I’ll hopefully have an update in March/April, because I’m going to Japan in a few months!

1 Like

How can I upload pictures? It says the files are too big, thanks!

Thanks, I’ll try with Imgur

7 Likes

I basically do, but just some of the rarer/cooler items, even thought it was always my intention to flip them, overtime I grew close to a few sets, and decided to keep them. I do love me some Sugimori Sleeves, and the Walking starters. I guess I had these pics on imgur for a while

3 Likes

Amazing collection you have! That deck box & sleeves with walking starters are so adorable *-*

Hey everyone,

I’m really excited to post an update! I won a few PSA 9 FF Mega Zards at auction for great prices imo (#108 cost half of what an ungraded NM auctioned for a few hours later… and 107 goes nicely with it :blush:

The half complete Base Set PSA 9 was definitely not something I planned on, but came from same seller as the zards. I think they did a poor job listing their items and got little exposure, so I was quite lucky! While I hardly opened anything WOTC, the old cards certainly have a small place in my heart, from the small lots my parents bought for me to earn cards.
I’ve been thinking for awhile about saving up for PSA 10 Starter Trio, and never thought I would be looking to complete any entire set PSA graded, but the price seemed very reasonable. And now I have a fun project to complete!

As for the Latios, I know it will take a very long time, but maybe some day I might get all of the Reverse holo dual types from Ex Series PSA 10. And maybe the awesome “refractor” holos from Hidden Legends and RH from FRLG. These are some of the coolest cards created imo and I’m glad to have the first of hopefully many to come!

I won’t be home until June, so all pics are from the eBay listings, and later I will try using my scanner.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I got lucky with TCA gaming, and picked these up for just under $11 shipped each!

2 Mamoswine decks - contain triumphant pack
1 Umbreon deck - contains undaunted pack
7 Manaphy Lucario Trainer Kits - 2 with dragon frontiers, 1 with crystal guardians, and 4 with power keepers
4 Latios Latias Trainer Kits - contain FRLG pack

1 Blaziken Master Trainer 80 card deck
3 Gardevoir Master Trainer 80 card deck

All decks are sealed

3 Likes

At League today for the first time in a year, and someone wanted to shift from Japanese to English cards, and traded me all this today!
seemed about 80% of them were mint - some with that rigid top edge :confused:
And the Shining Raichu is my personal personal, wasn’t expecting any of this today, and came out with a massive collection!

6 Likes

And of course I accidentally left these out - the bonuses !

3 Likes

Super Happy to get these :grin: Last night!!!
Hopefully I can complete the set one day!

Shoutout to megacon for hooking me up with them

5 Likes

Wow, awesome lot. The first picture is so psychedelic:)
One thing though. Where’s the base Mewtwo and Machamp?

I’ll buy those soon, but it was just a half complete PSA 9 base for under $250, which seemed like a good deal

Happy that they got to you safe, my man! Happy belated birthday, and im glad to see them go to someone thatll appreciate em. Take especially good care of that ungraded one. It was my 2nd favorite out of the whole set haha

1 Like

These came in this week!

I’ll admit price had a lot to do with buying them, but I’ve been looking for a Japanese Holo Espeon and Umbreon of this set for a few months, and I just love the TRR cards, especially this scyther.

3 Likes

that scyther is amazing and 1 of my favourite Pokemon. Great cards

Nice pick up this week thanks to Raichuforyou
I really love the holo pattern on this card!

3 Likes