Pictures from the past

My mom just showed me this photo from 2003 and it brought back memories of ripping open ex Dragon packs like it was my job…

Anyone else have photos of themselves from childhood with Pokemon cards/products?

27 Likes

Rayquaza Stonks.

1 Like

This is a great idea!

My birthday in 1999:

Me and my brother reading the pokemon snap Nintendo power I got for my birthday:

21 Likes

Nice pull!

I also opened a ton of EX Dragon as a kid. Probably the most nostalgic set for me. And it still holds up well today.

1 Like

I had those EXACT same dinosaur bed sheets :rofl:

2 Likes

A little past childhood but I made my mom take this pic of me with my first pokemon trophy age 14 :grin:

10 Likes

nice work!! what tournament was this? best I ever did was top8 at long beach regionals in seniors, haha

I came here to post the exact same thing, I had em too!

It looks like @smpratte had an excellent birthday in 1999.

4 Likes

@smpratte is that a bunk bed? If so I think I had the same bed.

1 Like

You guys are definitely making me feel old. In 1999 I was at the peak of my college fraternity years. And 2003 is the year I met my wife. The craze when I was growing up in the 80s was nintendo (the NES!). If I could find them, there would be plenty of pictures of me pointing to old video game scores and ending screens of games that I was so proud to have beaten. Being the first of my friends to beat Metroid comes to mind as a huge childhood accomplishment

8 Likes

Yes it is! I was the top bunk.

2 Likes

sniff* at least you guys had a childhood :sob:

Jokes aside, its great to see the smiles on your faces and it truly only expresses the joys of Pokemon

1 Like

@connorc new York states!

I was a single child at the time, but my mom got rid of it when me and my friend jumped on the top and it came crashing down.

1 Like

Lmao I had those dinosaur sheets too, apparently those were the shit back then

2 Likes

@smpratte snowboard kids!

2 Likes

Sounds like the script to ‘stepbrothers’ lol.

1 Like

Hahaha! I was gonna say the exact same thing! I didn’t realize how popular these were back in the day!

Christmas 2000 or 2001?

No reward for guessing which country I’m from :wink: - my little bro with a booster box

9 Likes