Paras Jungle Misprint?

Hey guys,

I just bought a bulk collection from a person who had thousands of cards as a kid and was looking to get rid of them. The cards were all in mint condition and among the many gems that I found, I stumbled upon a Paras with what appears to be a misprint. This card is in mint condition but I’m not sure if it is really a “thing”. I couldn’t find any record of a Paras misprint from the Jungle set. Notice that the Jungle symbol and the “20” damage are not fully printed. Kind of reminds me of the Krabby misprint/error from the Fossil set.
Does anyone know anything about this?

P.S. I’m somewhat new to Efour and I’m not sure if the photos will upload. Any help on that or do I need to upload it to a website first and then upload it via a link?

Upload the image to imgur or an image hosting site and post the link. I can embed it for you when you have the link! :blush:

1 Like

Cool, looks like a one off misprint, not very valuable but a really nice oddity

2 Likes

This is the infamous 2U Paras.

4 Likes

What does a “one off misprint” mean? Also, so the fact that this misprint has the nickname “2U” means that it has been seen before? I just wanted to make sure because I hadn’t seen it posted or listed anywhere and wanted to confirm that it was a printing issue and not an issue of the ink somehow coming off post-print. It doesn’t seem like a well recognized or documented problem. Also, I noticed after posting the picture that the line below the damage as well as the word “pokemon” were not fully printed either.

@alovell The post about "2U’ is sarcasm. One off misprints are somewhat common and typically don’t add much value. When there are multiple examples of the same misprint, that tends to legitimize the error.

5 Likes

Wow, that all went over my head. I figured it wasn’t worth much of anything other than just a card to put at the end of my Jungle binder set. Thanks for clarifying :blush: