Other options for buying from Japan?

So I’ve been buying cards and other Pokémon items from Japan for around 3/4 years now, and using the same buyer. They’re really nice, however their prices are… less than desirable.

They charge 60% for items over 2000 yen, and 250 yen on every item under 2000 yen. This can get insanely expensive over time, and its kept me from buying a lot of items in the grand scheme of things. However, unlike the online ship sites, they can go to physical shops, message sellers on mercari and ask for better pics, and ask if they’d do lower prices, so I’ve always found comfort in that, but at some point you have to accept the fact that the cost doesn’t outweigh the value.

How do you guys buy things from Japan?

60% is crazy high. When I first read that I thought you were going to say 60% for the super cheap cards.
I use @japanime when I have a specific question to ask on a listing and then order through him.

2 Likes

Having service that good almost ruins the “wild west” fun of shopping Japanese websites.

1 Like

I use this middleman service. I have used them ever since I started purchasing from Japan and have never looked back. They have a pretty flat fee structure which does not vary with the number or price of items.

The only downside as compared to something like Buyee is that they don’t have promotion codes and you have to load the credit prior to making a purchase. This is fine for Mercari but can be challenging for auctions because you will miss out if you don’t have enough credit.

However, the flexibility it offers to me personally outweighs the benefits what others offer and I have developed a great relationship with their staff over the years.

Good luck with your search.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Thank you for the info! I don’t want to assume he would do the same for me, but how long have you been buying through him for? Does he charge you anything?

I did figure 60% was pretty high. It’s definitely handicapped my collection quite a bit, but I haven’t known anyone else I could trust at this point outside of them.

I appreciate your help!

Thank you for the advice! Where on the website can I find their information on fee structure? Do they have any additional fees?

I worked with them on probably 5 diffferent envelopes over the past 2 years. I’d say message them on e4 and see if they are interested.

Glenn has not been active in a long time, so that’s probably a dead end