Opinions on a potential PSA 10 Zard

Hi, guys! Do you think this card is going to receive a PSA 10, if graded? Based on the pics posted, share your opinion!

Do I think it will? Probably not, you can’t just look at a couple pictures and assume a WOTC holo is a 10. Take note of some scratches or print lines in the bottom left corner of the holo.

5 Likes

I would say no. The holo seems to have some scratches, there’s a few scratches on the back, and the back also has whitening at the top.

2 Likes

Unfortunately not, closer to an 8

1 Like

whitening on the back top side. Scratches seem to be prevalent on the bottom left of the holo. This probably should not score a 10

1 Like

Between the centering off left to right and the print at the bottom of the holo, I’d say no.

2 Likes

Its definitely worth grading.

1 Like

centering is a bit off for sure, also i think PSA 10s POP play a part in this… but there’s only 1 way to find out right :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you guys for sharing your thoughts. I felt too that this card could be a strong PSA 8, but as grading is subjective (and as I needed a bit of reassurance to dream for a perfect score, I have to admit), I wanted to check if you people were forgiving or not of the little imperfections that this card showed :wink:
Unfortunately Italian Base Set, which is the only one to feature Cosmos holo, is known to be plagued with foil and surface imperfections.
I wonder if the PSA 10 (or BGS 10) population of this card (1st edition counterpart included) reaches the number of five. Do you guys have any info about this? I can’t find a single copy on the entire Internet, as the only 1st edition BGS 9,5 Italian Base Set Zard on eBay is selling at a whopping $65k BIN.

It does not. There are currently 2 unlimited PSA 10s and no 1st edition ones. I know because Dutch cards have the same holo pattern and suffer from the same problem. The 10 pop is a little higher though, but not by much.

See also: https://www.psacard.com/pop/tcg-cards/2000/pokemon-game/57803

1 Like

You don’t have enough pics to really give any kind of accurate read. But with what you have definitely not a 10

1 Like

I had completely forgotten that Dutch and a few other languages had Cosmos holo for Base Set too. Thanks for the link!

1 Like

They do indeed! However, for some reason Dutch cards are no longer listed under “2000 Pokemon Game”, but instead under “1999 Pokemon Dutch”, even though they also have the 1999-2000 copyright. One of my older cards still has the 2000 label, but I haven’t gotten around to getting it reslabbed :smile:

Here’s a link to the Dutch pop report: https://www.psacard.com/pop/tcg-cards/1999/pokemon-dutch/115642 As you can see, there are six PSA 10 Charizards (1st edition and unlimited combined). However, if I’m not mistaken one of those is actually a mislabeled Korean one. I’ve only ever seen four of the six in all my years of collecting.

1 Like