Opinion?: Quick Construction Packs

The EX Emerald quick construction packs are a set of 6 ptcg products that each contain 15 cards. (Quarterdecks) These packs contain 7 Pokemon, 3 trainers, and 5 energy. Alongside damage counters, a rulebook, and a coin. The cards in this set were used to make the expansion “EX Emerald”, and were japanese exclusive, there is a niche community that uses these packs as the basis for a format, kinda like the half deck. Few of these cards found use competitively but the 6 EX cards, The packs respectively, were Fire, Grass, Water, Lightning, Psychic, and Fighting. I found these out thanks to the “TCG and Tabletop” room on pokemon showdown, via user Tsunami Papi, or on here TsunamiSurskit. This is actually a really cool set of packs, that almost no one knows about, and with a very small competitive scene. I was wondering what the collecting community thinks of them.

5 Likes

I own some for my collection. IIRC, they have a pretty cool energy design.

1 Like

Here is the bulbapedia link.

I like to look at weird products for the TCG, and this is one of the most unique things i’ve came across. I research all things i come across, and from this i discovered alot. I have nothing more to say on this topic though, as i gave all the information i have in the orig post

3 Likes

I think EX Emerald is one of the most random sets of all time, and it’s because it’s based heavily on these decks

Not trivial to source the singles, I had a few Himeno cards from these decks I needed to acquire like the Grumpig below

1 Like

i know a guy

I havent been able to win any on ebay but I usually bid to my limit whenever I see them. They look cool and I like the uniqueness of the cards.

If you want the cards just buy Japanese EX Emerald, I would only recommend buying if you want the packs to keep sealed. it will be wayy cheaper to get the cards singularly. Even if you want the coin and rulebook too.

1 Like

Love stuff like this. Very unique piece of Pokémon history with Emerald being such a cobbled together set. Would love to get one. Thanks for sharing

1 Like