Only a few months left in the 2010's ...

What does this mean for the hobby?

A chunk of Pokemon’s popularity is nostalgia based. Will the realization that an entire decade has come and gone push more people to Pokemon?

Wouldn’t have thought so

This makes me feel old lol. I’ll miss the 2010s.

5 Likes

I hope so. Growth of the hobby means more money. And more money means more revenue for the company so they can make more content. I’m for anything that expands or enriches our universe.

*When people say “Ten years ago”, I still think it’s like 1997.*Stop making me realize things I don’t wanna realize.

7 Likes

This thread reminds me of that brony cringe video where all these men said “when i was a young philly…”
Are we reaching peak meme potential?

When I was a young pokemon trainer, you needed a link cabel to trade.

2 Likes

Shut up​:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Pokémon will be entering their FOURTH DECADE…1990s, 2000s, 2010s, and 2020s.

12 Likes

It means it will have been a decade without any new Pichu cards released in Japanese (October 2009) and almost a decade without any released in English (February 2010).

:sob:

6 Likes

Still waiting for that full art pichu… any day now… :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Hey I can feel old at 19 can’t I? lol

I wonder if people are done body shaming Pikachu and he doesn’t get any thinner in the 2020’s…

6 Likes

Fat pikachu is king. Just look at how much the base set has been reprinted. That pikachu has all the nostalgia and feelz. The skinny one is just sad lol

3 Likes

You’re killing me lol.

4 Likes

2016 was 20 years ago :open_mouth:

I like to think pikachu was fat cause he lived in oaks ball for ages before Ash got him. Slowly through out the decades he’s lost the weight through adventuring.

3 Likes