OldSkoolPokemon WotC Collection - Gold-Strip Theme Display

I have been meaning to create a new collection thread for awhile now - well, here it is!!!

It has been a long time coming, but I have finally decided to re-organize my personal collection (after making a few repeat purchases). Have begun the process of creating spreadsheets of everything within my collection (and items that are missing) - along with researching current market values of everything (thought that would be cool for future reference - and to see what the high-retail on my collection is today). Additionally, I have begun photographing my entire collection (organizing onto my computer) so that I am able to quickly view my collection whenever I want - instead of digging through boxes / binders…

What I Collect:

After graduating from college - and landing my first “adult” job - I got back into collecting for the second-time (Jan. / Feb. 2016). My passion is within English, WotC-Era Product (Loose Cards, Booster Packs, Blister Packs, Theme Deck Cases, Un-Cut Sheets…). Here are my current long-term collection goals - will provide more information on each as I show-case pictures!

1.) Complete WotC-Era “Master Set” (1st Ed. - Unlimited - Rev. Holo) in NM+/M Condition
2.) Complete WotC-Era Booster Pack (One of Each Art-Work)
3.) Complete WotC-Era Blister Pack (One of Each Art-Work)
3.) Complete WotC-Era Theme Deck Cases

4.) Complete Nintendo-Era Booster Pack (One of Each Art-Work)

WotC-Era Booster Packs:

With booster boxes skyrocketing in price these past few years; I could not see myself collecting booster boxes (along with everything else). So, I went for the next best thing - single booster packs (one of each art-work). I have actually just completed this collection - all WotC-Era Sets in 1st Ed. and Unlimited with most of the variations (Black Triangle, U.K., Red-Logo…).

15 Likes

Truely awesome! Nice work!

1 Like

WotC-Era Blister Packs:

Originally, this was supposed to be a quick “side-project” of mine - acquiring the Unl. Base / Jungle / Fossil Blister Packs. Once I was able to purchase and actually hold those Blister Packs, I knew I had just started another major venture… Haha

Being the perfectionist collector that I am (trust me on that one) this has / will be THE HARDEST collection for me to complete! I will only purchase Blister Packs with the cardboard backing in NM/M Condition (no rips, tears, bends, creases, price-stickers…). Just in-case you’re not familiar with these Blister Packs - that is not easy!

This collection has been on the back-burner for awhile now while I finished-up with my Booster Packs.

10 Likes

Such a nice collection of packs!

1 Like

Wow! Truly Awesome!!

1 Like

Great stuff. Keeo it up :blush:

1 Like

I know that guy lol;)

I need it all.

1 Like

Do you store the boosters in just Card Saver II’s?

wow :open_mouth:

@garyis2000 You might recognize those first three packs - 1st Ed. Base Set. Have no fear, they have a good home now! Haha I’m pretty sure there’s more that came from you as well mixed into my collection.

@genosha Something Similar… I actually use the Ultra-Pro Graded Card Submission Holders. Place the booster pack into that and then place an Ultra-Pro Team Bag over the top - works perfectly!

@aquaz Thanks! Yeah, there are a few blister packs that hardly ever pop-up on eBay - hopefully one-day!!! Regarding the “long pack” variations; I HATE those booster packs - just don’t look right to me. So, I will not be going after those packs. The closest thing I’ll get to collecting “long pack” are the Japanese WotC-Era - just started on that collection (pretty lame so-far - so I didn’t include it).

1 Like

WotC-Era Theme Deck Cases:

Similar to the Blister Packs; Theme Deck Cases started-out as another “side-project” (seems to be a common theme)!

Originally, I was just looking to purchase the Unl. Base Set: 2-Player Starter Case. Why so much interest in such a “common” item?

Back in 2009, I sold-off my childhood collection via eBay Auction under my Dad’s Account. At the time, I knew NOTHING about Pokemon and had ZERO INTEREST in Pokemon. However, after that auction, I was INSTANTLY HOOKED to eBay Selling!!!

My Dad is a coin dealer - back in the Late-1990’s he was setting-up at coin shows and flea markets every weekend. The parents would stop at his booth for the coins / stamps; however, the kids - being dragged along by their parents - were obsessed with Pokemon! My Dad took advantage of this opportunity and would always stock some Pokemon (Cards, Packs, Decks, Stickers…). After the initial “Pokemon Craze” died-out, he stopped caring and got back to focusing on the bulk of his business (coins / stamps).

I was non-stop “eBay Talk” after my first sale - I wanted to continue selling on eBay; however, I did not have anything to sell and was not sure what to sell… My Dad actually remembered selling Pokemon back in the 90’s and thought he might have some back-stock inventory. After some searching, he was able to find a few loose cards and a SEALED 2-Player Starter Case - which he gave me to re-sell!!!

That one item started it all for me! I started researching and learning everything I could about Pokemon. I hustled with those Theme Decks; selling them every which way you could possibly imagine in-order to maximize my sales! Without that start, I am not sure if I would have given Pokemon and eBay a second-thought - would I have turned to something else for re-sale?

While it’s not the original, it still holds a special place in my collection!

Without further a-do…

5 Likes

Epic, it just keeps coming lol, I was impressed after the first post!

1 Like

That’s one sexy ass pack collection.

1 Like

THANKS!

And that’s not all… Haha Those three posts pretty much wrap-up my Sealed WotC-Era Collection; still have all my binder sets, error cards, and un-cut sheets left to showcase - have to get everything organized though first!

1 Like

Those packs look amazing like that. Are these the things you’re talking about?

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018RQKWWO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A10P1I0WX4640H&psc=1

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00095NR1K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3NL4INKE6R5KA&psc=1

I just want to double check before I order 200 of the wrong thing haha.

Yes, those are exactly what I use!

0____o Amazing.

Just got some. Excited to keep my packs on display without worry now! Is there anything you use to store / display the blister packs?

WotC-Era Un-Cut Sheets:

While I am not specifically a collector of un-cut sheets; I have picked-up a few along the way.

While the KB Toys Fossil Set Sheet is probably the second most-common un-cut sheet (after the Neo Genesis Common Sheet); it is actually my personal favorite - bought a cheap-o frame at Target and have this sheet hanging in my eBay Office!

Some of you may recognize the four Neo Discovery Un-Cut Sheets; I created that thread awhile back when I originally purchased those sheets. Decided to add those my collection thread as well!

5 Likes