Old-Skool-Pokemon WotC-Era Collection Thread

I first started collecting Pokemon Cards back in the 1990’s (as with most people) with the Base through Team Rocket Series. I got back into collecting Pokemon Cards in 2009 - lasting up until 2013. Unfortunately, being a broke college student at the time, I sold-off my entire collection in 2013. After graduating from college - and landing my first “real job” - I am now here to stay!!!

I got back into collecting in December 2015. It has now been one year since I have begun my collecting journey. I have always LOVED the English WotC-Era Cards - as those were the cards I grew-up with. I am currently working towards my goal of owning all 1st Edition, Unlimited, and Reverse-Holo WotC-Era Sets, “Common” Error Cards, Booster Packs, and Theme Deck Cases.

Anyway, after one year of collecting, here is my collection thus far:

Booster Packs:

**Blister Packs:

Theme Deck Display Cases:

12 Likes

Fantastic results after just a year! Well done! You plan on going for booster boxes too?

1 Like

very nice. Love some crispy WOTC bosters :blush:

1 Like

THANKS! Although that is just the start - will upload loose cards at some point soon :wink:

I was debating on whether to collect Booster Boxes / Loose Packs. Decided against Booster Boxes because of the crazy pricing (1st Ed. Base, 1st Ed. Neo Series, E-Reader Series…)

I have been holding myself back from collecting booster packs for so long. Man, is this tempting.

2 Likes

Wow @oldskoolpokemon ! Beautiful!! Love how organized everything looks!

1 Like

Having gone on much of this journey with you I know how it feels to progress. Well done.

Well done, looking great so far.

1 Like

THANKS Gary! I’ll be sure to give you a big shout-out when I get to photographing and uploading my binder portion of the collection - would not be nearly as far along as I am without your help!!!

Part 2:

I spent awhile going back-and-forth on how I wanted to collect loose cards. I was debating on whether I should collect PSA Graded MINT 9 Holo Cards from each of the WotC-Era Sets or NM/M Condition Complete Sets. In the end, I decided to go with the “old” binder route - and have been VERY HAPPY with my decision! My collection is comprised of NM+/M Condition Cards - I will only place the best-of-the-best within my collection binders Haha

Anyway, Enjoy!

Spare “Big Three” Set, E3 Cards, & Shining Cards:

Error Cards:

I spent a few months searching eBay for the No Damage Ninetales. There’s always a few listed on eBay in Damaged / Played Condition; however, nothing that was in decent condition. I picked-up this copy off eBay (Big Shout-Out to @tony for Posting) - only card in my collection that could not be considered NM+/M (still GREAT LOOKING)!

1.) Ghost Pikachu
2.) No “Stage” Error Blastoise
3.) Fighting Energy Error Diglett
4.) Base / Jungle Set Electrode
5.) Non-Holo Error Dark Dargonite 5/82

I have begun setting aside any severe Base Set off-centered cards that I come across. Here are the five most off-centered cards that I have come across thus far. Have another 10ish - but those are not as severe as these five.

These are not really “error” cards - but I found them REALLY COOL! I purchased them as part of large collections (from two different people). Both cards were still “attached” when I received them; however, one corner was peeling - so I carefully removed the holo-foil from both.

And Finally, Part 3 Teaser…

4 Likes

what’s in that there binder you got

I’m extremely jealous of your error cards, also thats a pretty big stack of binders lol