Older PSA Case Variety/Pedigree

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-1st-Edition-Neo-Destiny-Shining-Celebi-PSA-9-MINT-/232429686259?hash=item361de38df3:g:o9YAAOSwvk9Zfiit

I was thinking about making this guy an offer for his 1st Ed. Shining Celebi, however I came across something I thought was a potential red flag. First off, the label at the top doesn’t mention “1st Edition” anywhere. Second, when I typed in the certification number to the PSA database, the Variety/Pedigree only says “Neo Destiny”, again nothing about first edition.

Did the older PSA cases and certification numbers not include information about 1st. Edition?

I am still new to PSA card collecting, so I was hoping someone who has more expert knowledge could take a look at this and let me know if this card has been tampered with.

Thanks,
Kevin

Sometimes people submit to PSA and forget to add the varients on their submissions. Sometimes PSA will catch it and put the correct varient on the label; most times they will label it incorrectly.

If there is tampering it doesn’t show any of the signs in the picture. No fogging on the edges, or cracks. If there was tampering once you got it in your hands you would be able to tell immediatly; the case would be very flimsy, it wouldn’t be a PSA case, the card wouldn’t look like a PSA 9.

2 Likes