No Rarity Raichu Low PSA POP

Would anyone know the reason why out of all the NR Japanese base holos , the Raichu is the lowest pop , lowest amount sent in to psa ?

I know Venusaur & Raichu weren’t being graded by psa for a bit and only rather recently in 2022 were allowed too be graded again by psa but Raichus total amount graded with only 23 9’s and 1 graded a 10 seems odd? Maybe there’s fewer sent in as it’s harder to grade a mint 9- gem 10 :man_shrugging:?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :raised_hands:

It wasn’t allowed to be graded + Venusaur is more popular between the two. So compared to Venusaur, it’ll have a lower pop.

3 Likes

Why were Venusaur and Raichu singled out for non-grading?

No rarity Venusaur (68) and Machamp (68) incorrectly share the same number.

No rarity Raichu (25) and Pikachu (25) incorrectly share the same number.

For a long time, PSA wouldn’t touch the Raichu and Venusaur due to this error. Eventually, evidence was brought forward to suggest that these errors exist on all no rarity copies of Raichu and Venusaur, and that the error was factory-made and acknowledged in Japanese promotional materials.

24 Likes

Dyl a tank with all this info :saluting_face:

12 Likes

:joy:

My brain is filled with useless, esoteric information.

13 Likes

At least it’s not celebrity gossip info and remains timeless

1 Like

I suppose it could be much worse. If I ever get dementia, I’m sure these are the nuggets of information that I’ll still remember.

5 Likes

Dyl in a nursing home 50 years from now:

Nurse: “Dyl, do you know what day it is?”

Dyl: “Flursday, also no rarity raichu and pikachu incorrectly share the same set number of 25”

Nurse: “Um”

19 Likes

Thank you !! :raised_hands:

1 Like

:point_up_2:

2 Likes

Do you think the raichu has a harder time getting the 9-10 grade because of its Holo having more surface area and it’s a brighter colour so more chances of seeing holo scratches , print lines etc ??

Also would anyone know if I went to Japan I would be able to find no rarity holos ( I’m thinking more of a chance raw than graded ) at card shops ? In lightly played to Near mint condition?

May be able too go down there soon in the new year hopefully

No, not really. I think most no rarity cards are just going to be all damaged up by default given their age and the ones that are mint will usually be held back by centering.

1 Like

They pop up from time to time on mercari, i was able to get a decent one for 33000 yen

2 Likes

Your best bet is to hunt on Mercari, or YJ if needed be

I have been wanting a psa 9 Raichu no rarity for some time , I’m thinking it’s impossible for a decent price and there’s only 23 of them

Going after NR raichu psa 9 is near impossible, online or in Japan, just gotta be patient and wait for one to pop up, thats probably your best bet.

Decent price is relative here. It definitely seems to be one of the chase cards in the No Rarity set (likely due to PSA not grading them for a while and so therefore a lot of copies landing in CGC and BGS cases), and will likely always command a premium somewhere between the Mewtwo/Gyarados price, and the starter trio. It also seems to consistently be more off center than other NR holo, so it is a tougher grade.

1 Like

There is like 30+ NR raichus on eBay but they are all pretty heavily played - Played and most have epic creases or whitening :smiling_face_with_tear: