No Rarity Discussion

Wooper does not approve.

Alright, Iā€™ll take the bait.

Thereā€™s no issue with you saying that there were 30-50 copies back then. Thatā€™s fine. The issue is that you say itā€™s ok to mislead your customers, and that theyā€™re responsible for doing the research to disprove your claims. Thatā€™s just wrong on so many levels.

I donā€™t have a problem with you, I have a problem with your practices. And maybe I do have a problem leaving things alone, but Iā€™ll let others judge that.

Very immature knowing that the person would most definitely read it. I am all for sweet revenge and rubbing peoples faces in their arrogance but it definitely wasnā€™t the place, it just detracts from the listing.

Well your calling me out on something I have yet to do so giving everyone permission to call me out when I list a unikarp for sale and until then you lot can wait.

Nothing against you man, and really I mean nothing against you.

But I noticed a lot, when the whole ā€œPack Weighingā€ thing was a big subject, you intervened multiple times when people started going off subject, or when things started to become personal.

Why as a mod are you allowing it to get to this, when times before you closed a thread way before this point.
Because as you have stated from comments before, you have gone way off the No Rarity subject, as well as almost making it a personal thing.

Also thought I should include I donā€™t think itā€™s right to mislead listings, but at the same time itā€™s wrong to weigh packs.

Iā€™m just a little lost as I would figure you wouldnā€™t let it get to this point.

2 Likes

Thanks for the questions, Iā€™ll be happy to answer.

I believe Scott moved these posts here because we started to have a discussion in the GAT on listings that advertised packs and boxes as having no rarity cards, which I admittedly started by calling out these people. Thus, the intended purpose of the thread is to have this discussion, so itā€™s on topic. Maybe the title of the thread gives a different impression of just simple discussion on No Rarity itself, but I donā€™t think this is a digression.

I intervened in the pack weighing thread because it was just starting to get nasty. We had one-liner, just purely mean posts (no real reasoning or explanation behind them). While I disagree with pack weighing of almost any kind, everyone should be afforded some type of civility. The points that were to be made had already been made and there was really nothing else to add to the discussion.

Here, while some of the posts are heated and at times borderline, more or less everything is backed up by reasoning. Weā€™re in a spirited argument, which needs to be allowed to exist. Strong disagreement itself should not be reason to lock a thread.

I definitely see your point though. We should all try to keep it more civil from now on, and if it escalates any further, Iā€™m sure either the other mods or myself will take action. If you still have questions, you can message me.

1 Like

Yes, the thread was already moved once to have this type of ethical discussion.

Also, keep in mind the mods here are making a judgement call. They are humans just like every other member, not impervious super logic heroes. Things are rarely black and white, and not typically parallel.

No one wants to get personal, people want to discuss the problem at hand. I donā€™t care who were to make the claim about knowingly typing the wrong quantity in an auction, it would be treated with the same questioning.

Ill buy one.

I think that this should definitely move on from the arguments and more into a discussion on the OT, technically saying there were 1000 copies distributed would also be false to say as a fact because know body knows for sure, itā€™s pure speculation no matter what number anybody puts on it, so as for the matter at hand, this is a great mystery that needs solving and I strongly believe that there are people on this forum who have the ability to solve it. Short packs are out there and there are people who have no idea of the rarity they are, would people who own a JP booster box care to share the dimensions, maybe someone has one and they donā€™t know it yet! I think rather than bickering we should be pooling our resources into an answer. Now am I going crazy or for a 20th anniversary teaser were no rarity cards/short packs featured in some way on one of them? This means somebody knows something to start with if itā€™s true and im not suffering from a mental breakdown.

With what we know, the 30-50 copies has no factual backing. Typing that in an auction today is a lie and misleading, that is all people are emphasizing.

If we want to argue the separate point, of knowing exactly how many copies were actually distributed, then we know absolutely nothing about any card, ever. What would suffice for someone knowing, being at the factory and recording every box? Being at an event and recording ever promo handed out? No one knows to that unbelievably absurd level how many of every card was actually distributed, all we have is official documentation for some cards.

Right now, we have official documentation from the event. I personally spoke with someone who participated in the University Magikarp contest. All people are saying is with what we know, knowingly typing 30-50 makes no sense whatsoever and is incredibly misleading.

1 Like

I think you have missed my main point which was to steer away from this back to the OT but also I was not taking either side I was more saying itā€™s better to not quantify something which we arenā€™t sure of.

Absolutely! We know 100% that 30-50 is false, so should never be used.

In relation to discussing the original topic, hopefully @ozenigmaā€™s source who apparently opened the short packs can deliver. That would be great to have someone who actually opened these short packs so we can verify the myth.

I think some of the lads on here need to go outside to play.

3 Likes

LMAO A+

This is what I keep saying why dont we all on this thread put in a tiny bit of money up to a few hundred US and Darkrai will have no choice but to open one pack. The listing We saw before was 390AUD for like 6 of themā€¦ Surely he will give in at some point. He said he wants it to go to a sealed collector, but why not spill the beans here for a reasonable amount and then we can all find out the truth once and for all.

Iā€™m sorry but $100 is not a small amount of money to just throw at this for multiple people, I was more meaning finding a source for a pack which is cheap or who is already willing to open it rather than vegging someone who doesnā€™t want to do so.

Not 100. if everyone puts in 20usd even, we all want to know. Then ill cover the big 100 or maybe moreā€¦ Then this way if we get up to 300-400 Im sure darkrai will accept.

So guysā€¦ How many people here will be willing to do the thingies I suggested. Itā€™s totally worth it.

No itā€™s not, you donā€™t have to get that desperate.

Would be cool to know though. But I think ill leave it be now, donā€™t think anyones up for it anyway.

There will be another that appears. We will find out with time!

1 Like