No Rarity Discussion

I dont personally see 1000 copies being distributed thats how many their may have been planned to been given out something may have happened cutting the distributed numbers like the miracle diamond where a couple tournaments didnt take place who knows but come on if their were 1000 made it wouldve been one of the most seen cards out of the promos. Well we might as well just leave it at this as you see it being wrong and I dont so it wont go anywhere discussing this further.

You have no basis for the 30-50 numbers, that is textbook false advertisment. There is an actual factual basis for the 1,000 copies. Moreover, saying that 1,000 copies were not indeed awarded is speculation.

Putting the onus on the customer to “research” and fact check your knowingly false claims is more of a reflection of you and your practices than the customer.

5 Likes

Like I said il leave it at this.

What are you leaving it at? You are outright lying in your auctions. Do you not see how this is incredibly misleading and unethical?

5 Likes

Agreeing with Scott on this, Mosen if you consider yourself a principle on the matter and know for a fact that 1k copies exist yet still advertise only 30-50 were given out. Wouldn’t you be concerned about your credibility as a collector/seller? I know I would. Imagine you go buy a car only to be told the model you want doesn’t exist anywhere else in the country, and when you drive down the street to the next dealer you find the same model car there. How do you feel at that point?

5 Likes

Definite way to find out… Hmm maybe I can help with this… If I gave you 200 us would you film a pack opening and put it on here?

That is what is trying to be distinguished. Making a specific claim of 30-50 copes has no factual backing, and is false, thus, advertising as such is false advertisement. It is outright lying. The added variable of a customer is a red herring.

Nothing meant person by any of this, but there is no way to justify textbook false advertisement or outright lying.

2 Likes

Why are you not letting go of this just leave it. Plus I havent owned/sold a unikarp in 1.5/2 years when that information wasnt even public knowledge so you being this worked up about it is strange to say the least.

I am perfectly fine with my credibility as a seller and im sure people who have bought from me are fine with it too so am I concerned … nope.

Pretty crazy that there is 1000 copies o kanga, because there be 1000 copies of the promo leugia that I got a mint 9 on

You should definite ly make that commitment. I still think you should sell me a pack though so I can show the world muhahahaha … :eek:

This is essentially the definition of a scam at worst or shady dealings that would be subject to regulation in any modern marketplace. eBay does not allow people to list items for the *chance* to win something (and in this case the chance is even more speculative since no one knows the origin). The US (and other) government(s) do not allow companies to pyramid scheme people, despite the *chance* to make money.

It’s easy to argue in any scam, that “the person should have done their research” in order to not be scammed. Most governments and regulated marketplaces would argue this is bad business ethics and ultimately beside the point.

No one knows where these cards came from, so a stated *chance* to win them is an outright lie. This type of listing/false advertisement affects everyone in the hobby, which is why it’s being pointed out. The person who gets scammed could be someone here. The premise of discussing potentially unscrupulous sellers and listings to protect other people has already been established by the existence of the “eBay garbage thread”.

2 Likes

Using numbers can be tricky. But if a seller knows the number, and if the “serious collectors” know the same rarity, what’s the benefit of using a false/lower number beside the hope of misleading someone?

2 Likes

Claiming a certain population of a card when in reality the population is 20 times larger is textbook false advertising. You shouldn’t be doing it. It’s not “how you view it” or the customer’s responsibility to research. As a seller you are morally obligated to provide correct information. If you twist that information is an attempt to make your product seem rarer/harder to find, that’s just wrong.

3 Likes

Like I said I havent even sold a unikarp since early 2014 you werent even on this site then so for me to say I had said their are 30-50 copies back then and you 2 trying to prove something using information Scott only found out “this year”. At this point im thinking you have a problem with me or you have a problem leaving something alone.

Another cancer thread.

1 Like

I or anyone here is not trying to make anything personal, I would treat this situation the same regardless of who posted. You have to understand that when you say you don’t mind lying about the numbers in a description, it is going to cause a justified uproar.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Date registered 15 Nov 2014.

I thought you quoted the member e2d2, but realized it was Ethan.

Either way, no one is trying to make things personal, you just can’t justify lying, that is all.

1 Like

im waitng for that esalated quickerly pictures