NHL Playoffs - Pokemon Style

www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?1st+round+NHL+matchups+reimagined+in+Pok%C3%A9mon+form&id=578517

Combining a couple of my favorite things…hockey and Pokemon!

3 Likes

You just beat me to it! I just saw this on r/hockey. Of course Blackhawks get brock and a ton of pokemon, typical NHL favoritism. :grin:

But really, I am the most unique blend of nervousness and excitement for tonight’s game 7. Honestly couldn’t sleep well last night, worrying about Crawford coming out of the net again and getting a powerplay. I hope brock doesn’t make him use that attack again, it was super effective.

1 Like

It’s sure gonna be exciting! I’ll be rooting for the Blues as I’d love to see the sadness on Patrick Kane’s smarmy little overconfident face… (maybe I’m not yet over 2013, go Bruins)

2 Likes

Hockey rocks but my Kings are sadly gone:(

1 Like

RIP Rangers 2016. Maybe next year…

2 Likes

I was hoping this would be posted here hahaha

I’ve never seen Chansey upset… she must hate the Blackhawks !

@smpratte How’s your heart right about now?

2 Likes

6 Likes

Was cheering for the Hawks but just couldnt do it this year. Now need the ducks to win.

Didn’t know there were so many hockey fans here, next regular season we should do a Fantasy Pool within the forum.

1 Like

That would be great, I would totally join!

1 Like

Makes me wonder why ice type isn’t my favorite !

Well when the new season starts ill try to organize one :blush:

Go Ducks Go

3 Likes

Look forward to that! I am a massive hockey fan by the way. I try not to let it bleed (Blue) into the forum much here as I don’t want to bore people who aren’t interested. But absolutely love the sport.

1 Like

The NHL is so much better than the other leagues out there, entertainment wise. Watch an NHL game and its hockey wire to wire. The new coach’s challenge is questionable, and I am still conflicted on it. I like getting calls right, but they need to be way faster. Make a 30 second rule where if you can’t tell after 30 seconds of review whether or not the call on the ice was wrong, then make it stand because it clearly was too close. 5 minute reviews are crap and plague other sports. We don’t want to slow down hockey.

Watch the NBA and if you are lucky enough to be watching a close game you will have to suffer through late fouls, timeouts and so many commercial interruptions. It breaks up the flow and makes it so less entertaining. Football close games are just run run run or kneel kneel kneel to run out the clock half the time. Baseball is just slow and I can never watch it unless I have two TVs running and it is on the second one. Don’t get me wrong, I watch all these sports, but nowhere near the intensity of hockey. I also enjoy soccer around Olympic time and world cup, but can’t get into it besides that. It has many similarities to hockey in that it doesn’t have many interruptions to play, but the flopping is hard to watch.

2 Likes

Completly agree with this, was watching the Raptors play last night and the last min took 10 min because of the fouls and timeouts, it was just annoying.

@smpratte - good to see there are others who love hockey, thought maybe it was just me because im Canadian lol

Huge hockey fan, saw this on /r/hockey as well! Die-hard, longtime Caps fan who is not looking forward to the Pens speed tomorrow. ROCK THE RED!

2 Likes

I played Basketball all through highschool and can’t stand the NBA. I have completely lost interest in the sport. Also, I can’t stand the contrived dynasty’s. It says a lot about a sport when 3-4 great players can decide to all sign with a team and dominate the league. Basically that entire Miami Heat garbage. Everyone was rocking the Heat jerseys, hats and whatnot, now you don’t see a single one. It was literally the Monstars.

I love the sport. Been watching it since the early 90’s. The first game I can remember was when the Blues beat the Sens 11-1. It is their biggest victory to date. I think that was right when Ottawa entered the league. I actually have family from canada, grandma moved from Manitoba in the 50-60’s.

I didn’t get to play ice when I was younger, it is so expensive here. I know it is pretty much expensive everywhere, but at least in Canada ice is more abundant. The league costs here are like a second mortgage.

I actually just got back from playing today. I don’t think there is a better workout than playing hockey.

1 Like

How much does it cost to play hockey for you? I play beer league with a few teams here in Manitoba and the average is 550 for the year and includes 42 games.

Also BOOOOO Ducks Lost :slightly_frowning_face:

Is that $550 per person? It is $165-200 per person for 10 games here. The league is well organized, but so much money. However, drop in hockey is not as bad at the same rink, $6 per person.

the beer league here is well organized as well and does all of Canada. Thats $550 a person, each team is 7k - 8k and there are over 300 teams in the league its crazy.

Holy shit ya yours is super expensive $16 - $20 per game is crazy.