New To Serious Collecting - PSA or CGC?

Hi there! I am currently In the midst of doing my first graded submission and wanted some insight from learned minds.

I am new to serious collecting (as a hobby) after dabbling for years since my youth - I have about 30 cards to grade, some really nice others are nostalgic. Both meriting cases, I am curious which company I should use, PSA or CGC? For reference, some I would sell, others keep.

With PSA closed right now, I can see CGC filling in the hole in the market left open from PSA’s closed doors. Even when PSA opens again, they will be flooded with three months of people waiting to submit, so their waits may be even longer still. With that said, I don’t want to be waiting over a year for my graded items. Will CGC grow in popularity and price over time as PSA slows down and deters costumers? Or am I too naive to understand things correctly? I’d love to learn and hear your thoughts.

CGC may be a loser value wise, but PSA is shut down. So really no choice between the two if you don’t want to wait a year.

1 Like

Thanks for the insight, King! Do you think that CGC will gain a similar prestige/value over time to PSA as PSA slows down? What would you suggest waiting wise?

www.elitefourum.com/t/the-giant-professional-grading-thread/30930/1

2 Likes