New Reprint of 151 - Price discussion

Through my connection in Japan, they just informed me Japanese 151 had a reprint. They are offering prices to ship for 18,000 yen. If you are in the market for 151, I would maybe wait till this reprint hits the mainstream and see where prices settle.

The long awaited reprint has arrived :raised_hands:

11 Likes

@smpratte

1 Like

hmmmm. might calm down on the masterball purchases for now.

3 Likes

Yeah, this is great news. There are a handful of the masterball holos I want for species and artist binders but haven’t felt like paying the premium.

1 Like

My patience has paid off.

5 Likes

Reprint all went to this guy apparently.

3 Likes

I think this set will have a large print run, but even then, it may struggle to meet demand. There is a lot of love for this set, and I think there likely will always be some premium on these cards over other contemporary releases.

2 Likes

pain

1 Like

Apparently bro owns the pokemon company with all that reprint he’s getting.

3 Likes

Oh 100%. BUT, I am loving the price cuts for the time being and whatever helps to get that price lower and lower is much appreciated.

I feel this product will never quench demand and will always have a premium. I am just glad that there is more coming out to push the price lower :slight_smile:

1 Like

Better than 30,000 Yen + what is was selling for a couple weeks ago.

1 Like

He buys from local shops and resells online. Give me a great “litmus test” on what the product is like first hand from his supply.

Mine too :heart:

1 Like

His local shop must be the scalpers that bought all of the 151 zapdos tins then.

This is a business in Japan. Not in the US.

I know that lol. Maybe he smuggles them from the inner depths of kanto lmao

Lol xD naw. A trend I have been seeing and that has exploded right after VMax climax came out is Japanese resellers via IG and Facebook. Where they buy from their local shops and resell to foreigners with a small upcharge. Usually these are the best competitive prices around. They are more reliable than some random guy from Buyee and have found myself buying from them time and time again.

Bro I dont understand why people buy from buyee, It sounds like the american alibaba combined with the charm of temu.

1 Like

It’s really not that many, 160 boxes in the photo. That’s roughly how many boxes you’d need to open to get one set of master balls (assuming no repeat hits)

1 Like

Just checked several Japanese marketplaces I buy from, and yea sealed cases are still sitting at the same price they were a few weeks back. If there was another reprint, either the supply hasn’t fully trickled out yet, or the amount of new product is so small that it’s not impacting the secondary market at all.

1 Like