*New Multi-Card Stands* 3D Printed PSA/Ultra Pro Card Stands

**UPDATE**

Hey everyone! As some of you know, I have been working on a new stand for PSA slabbed cards. I wanted to make a new angled stand that was smaller, sleeker, and that could be joined with other stands to show multiple cards (yes, Gary, great minds think alike :blush: ). After several revisions (more than I care to admit) I have come up with a design that I am fairly happy with. A single stand is made up of two parts - the stand itself, and what I call a clip or link.

Each stand has two channels in the back that will accept a clip. The channels are spaced intentionally so a single clip can be used to mate two stands together into a single display.

And the process can be continued to create multiple card displays.

As for the the model files, I will not be uploading these to a model hosting website such as thingiverse. I have found people have been taking the designs and selling them, which was never the intention. However, I will gladly send the files directly to forum members if they send me a PM.

I know not everyone has access to a 3D printer, so I am trying to work something out where I could possibly print and send these to people who want may them. That all depends if there is a general interest in them. I know selling is not allowed on this site, and I fully respect that. However, trading is allowed, so if someone wanted to do a small trade for some stands, I am fine with that. This is just a pet project for me, not looking to make money from it.

If you all have any questions, just let me know. As always, any feedback is welcome!

-John

Hey everyone! I recently had a little time on my hands, and wanted to design some of my own card stands. I created 3 different stands (as of right now). I have listed each stand below, with their respected links to thingiverse.

1.) A angled (10 degree) stand for PSA graded cards
Here is the link to the .stl file.

2.) A vertical stand for PSA graded cards

3.) A vertical stand for the Ultra Pro 35 point, magnetic one touch cases

I know this may be a bit of a niche topic since not everyone has a 3D printer, however a few people have asked me to post the models for the various card holders.

Each of these stands can be printed at .3 layer height and still look just fine.

If anyone has any comments, or if they would like to have a different sized stand for a certain card case, just let me know and I can update the models.

Thanks for looking!
-John

22 Likes

Very cool! I went ahead and moved this to the Article & Guide section. Thanks for taking the time to make this!

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty awesome, thanks for sharing!

Looks great, will definitely see if my friend can print some of the magnet case one :blush: thanks

Getting a 3D printer has been something on my list for so long now. It is one of those things that I have kept waiting on as I know each month that passes the prices will only go down and the quality up. I am at the point though where I think in the next month or two I am actually going to crack and buy one. Any recommendations or quick rundown of the setup you use @jdlawr03?

Also, out of curiosity, what is the rough printing time on each of these stands? They look great! Thanks for the work on these, hopefully many will benefit and also hoping I will join that group soon,

Print time depends on layer thickness, amount of fill and such. with that the ones my friend and I did took about 1 hour.

Glad to hear that you are looking into getting a printer! Right now there are several printers that are very affordable, that create great quality prints.

I personally use a couple Printbot Simples, which I have had for about 3 years and they work very well. I also am currently doing research based around 3D printing, and we use Printrbots in the lab. They cost around $600 or so on amazon.

However, if you are looking to go a little cheaper, there is a brand called Monoprice that produces very affordable printers that work very well. We have a few that we bring around to local schools to demonstrate additive manufacturing and that are very reliable. I believe they start around $200.

The print times for the stands are roughly 45 mins to an hour depending on which stand. I print at .3mm layer height, with 20% infill, and 35mm/s print speed. You can increase the print speed, but the overall resolution usually starts to decline as speed increases.

Let me know if you have any other questions :blush:

1 Like

this is a lovely idea. this is inspiring me to open up Rhino and do some stand designs myselfā€¦

Picture of one I did in a translucent blue. Looks awesome and holds the cards perfectly.

3 Likes

Awsome stands! A friend of mine is right now in the prcess of assembling a Prusa i3 mk2 printer. Definatly going have him print some of these for me! :blush:

I am glad you all are enjoying them! Colours, that print looks great!

I had the 1st design printed via a 3D printing service. All in all, I am quite satisfied with the stand - seems very sturdy, it fits the PSA slab that I have quite well with around 2mm to spare and I like the angle.

After looking at the stand in a little more detail, I only wish that the stand ā€˜heldā€™ the slab a little bit more instead of just 5mm of the bottom corners.

The stand I bought from Ebay didnā€™t fit my slab and I saw these designs just at the right moment. Many thanks, jdlawr03!

3 Likes

Wow, I really like it printed in that color filament.

I made a couple models (before creating the one you printed) that held the PSA slab across the entire bottom. For my personal preference it looked a little bulky, and took away from the card when on display. However, if people would also want one like that, I can easily modify the model and upload it.

Also, out of curiosity, how much did the printing service charge? Only reason I ask is if people (e4 members) want these printed, I would gladly do so. I currently run an Etsy shop, so I have all of the supplies to ship these out.

The material was PLA and the layer height was 200. It says the startup code was $3, the shipping cost at $7 and the two stands itself at $6.60 for a total for $16.60.

Yeah I was thinking over a few ideas myself and itā€™s hard to come up with a design that has a good ratio of coverage and aesthetic appeal.

I think these are awesome. The market is very limited from what I have found when it comes to PSA stands. I would be interested for sure.

Thanks! I am trying to gauge whether people would rather have an angled stand (such as the first one) , or a vertical stand. If the angled stands are more popular, I will go ahead and do a revision to cut down on size and bulk. That way if I need to send them to anyone, I could get away with using a bubble mailer.

(If any mods are reading this, I am not looking to sell, so I hope this doesnā€™t get taken down).

I like the concept of both, but if I had to choose I could probably go with the angled. Also you shouldnā€™t have to worry about mods taking this down, this thread has a great purpose. If you ever do plan on selling please PM me.

Iā€™d like to see a combined stand that holds 3 cards.
Or
Individual stands that ā€œlinkā€ together and would display as many cards as youā€™d likeā€¦side by side.

1 Like

I am working on stands that link together at the moment. I will likely print some this week and see how the work.

1 Like

Shut your mouth. That was my idea and I want my credit;)

2 Likes