New Chinese Charizard 038/SV-P promo released

@CJ_Pokemon Not much was said about the distribution of Traditional Chinese in HK/Taiwan, all I know is Bulbapedia’s annotation 'Win 3 games or the lucky draw in Extra Regulation Challenge Day (May 29-July 2, 2023)"

On another note, the Indonesian SA Charizard VMAX has been announced - 50 copies just like Thai

Still no mention of JP release

4 Likes

Already got two copies sealed. It is overrated by west collectors.

1 Like

By the time you asked there was no answer since the officials didn’t announce any distribution counts for the Traditional Chinese copies. However, now that the event has officially ended in all regions except Indonesia, we can get an estimate from the tournament rules and all tournaments registered on the official Trainers Website.

Here are the shortcuts to list all tournaments registered on the official Trainers Website:

The rules of tournaments held in Taiwan and Hong Kong stated that:

• Players who won 3 straight games receive the card
  • For every 16 players participating in a tournament, a randomly-drawn player (who didn’t win 3 straight) will also receive the card

So for example a 32-player tournament will give out 32 / (2 ^ 3) + 32 / 16 = 6 copies. By adding up all players from the 356 tournaments in Taiwan and 192 tournaments in Hong Kong, we get an estimate of 2634 Traditional Chinese copies being handed out.

As for Thailand and Indonesia, the two regions had far less tournaments (around 50 each) scheduled and stricter requirements to (only winners of the entire tournament can) receive a copy, so the announced numbers of 50 copies each are no joke.

But that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to get one, right? :sunglasses:

7 Likes

How did you acquire those lol

Can you post a video of the texture?

Wow, thank you for putting all these information together and share them with us!

1 Like

Not a fan of checking texture through videos (focusing always screws up), here are some photos which should show the texture clearly:

Apparently this would be a SAR and not alt art HR if included in sets since it lacks the glittering layer. And as always all 3 languages share the same texture pattern. (In fact I bought the cheaper Traditional Chinese copies first so that I could match the texture and reduce the risk of getting fakes when looking for Thai and Indonesian offers. Those 2 languages are too niche to have someone forging so not really necessary though.)

Also not sure who would need this information, but all 3 languages (assuming Traditional Chinese were all printed in the same lot) were manufactured on May 9 in lot 6.

2 Likes

But Pokemon doesn’t do serialised cards!!!

1 Like

Is anyone here able to help with sourcing this card?

Simplified Chinese version will be in a gift box this August. Thus, every language printed in Japan will have released SAR Charizard VMAX… except Japanese

4 Likes

Interesting that some version of the card is SWSH Promo (Simplified Chinese, English) while some other version of the card is SV Promo (Indonesian, Thai, Traditional Chinese).

2 Likes

I got mine today !!! Pretty happy

6 Likes

Hi mate,

Maybe your Thai Version will be on sale ??? :smiley: Let me know :wink: