New Charizard UPC

I hope they print it like crazy. Sucked getting in line at target on release to get it at msrp. Luckily I was #2 in line because that was all they had.

2 Likes

I’m so excited for this box! Hopefully I can get one at MSRP.

2 Likes

Why are we using the same stock sugimori Charizard art we have seen since like the Diamond Pearl era?? We have seen this on every official and non-official merch for the past 10+ years

3 Likes

I had that same thought, haha. Guess they want to make sure Charizard is recognizable. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It was used in EXPK and I’m pretty sure maybe even before that xD Over 15 years of this artwork - I hope Sugimori is getting those royalties!

1 Like

I recently brought some etched LOTR cards, haven’t seen them in hand yet but they look pretty cool :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: hopefully the zards will be as good looking!

4 Likes

I would love to see another promo box similar to the Sylveon Collection, instead of more Charizard and Pikachu products.

7 Likes

I love those promos so much, came very close to buying this box for like $800 but just couldn’t justify it.

This box and the promos here are soooo underrated.

1 Like

Anything with continuous artwork is great! Pokemon has been doing great with modern artwork design, so I’m sure it will be good, even if it’s Charizard for the gazillionth time!

2 Likes

Meh

I love Charizard as a Pokémon but it’s kinda old having a new Charizard announced or released every month or so. I’m not spending $120 for three modern promos anyway.

There’s so many random boxes and promos now, it’s crazy. Since 2020 TPCi have been working overtime to release all sorts of auxiliary product at a level way higher than the past. Heck, even the regular V boxes now come with a regular Holo card as well that’s not exclusive to the box. Why?

It’s impossible for me to keep up with modern English promos so I don’t even try. I just buy the ones I like as singles online. Most of the time, I don’t buy any at all.

That said if you like this stuff, I’m glad. It’s clear TPCi is putting out a large variety of product to appeal to many different people within the market. The same people buying “stackable collector tins” probably aren’t buying the Charizard Ultra Premium Collection. There’s really something for everyone.

3 Likes

Hopefully one of the promos is in a unique style (something akin to the Japanese post box cards, would be awesome).

6 Likes

Sorry English Pokemon met their yearly quota for exclusive cards with special delivery charizard. :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Sigh

So much truth in this post. Why can’t English look to the success of Japanese exclusive cards/promos? It is mind-boggling to me.

3 Likes

The same reason why every modern English booster box looks essentially the same while Japan’s are all beautifully unique and why English prints sets into the ground while Japan’s allocation is sublime.

English is behind Japan in pretty much everything. I don’t see that changing.

2 Likes

This would be a fine Ho-oh or Lugia

That big sucker in the back could be a Gyarados

And obviously…

Just add Surfing Pikachu

2 Likes

They first came out with that artwork all the way back in 2004 when Sugimori redrew the original 151 in the at the time current style and as you’ve said they’ve used it so much sense :sweat_smile:

1 Like

They’ve used that idea for sleeves already, so I wouldn’t get your hopes up on them reusing that design for a promo :confused:

7 Likes

Most of the time sleeves has better art than the cards itself…

1 Like

Absolutely gutted I couldn’t find the playmat anywhere…

tbh I don’t expect them to go to the “old Japanese woodblock art” well again. Beauty Looking Back with Pikachu added in cannot be topped, but I’d love to be proven long. Between Munch and Stamp Box, maybe they could go to another famous art style?

1 Like