Netflix and TV: What have you seen recently

Thought this would be a cool thread for recommendations for TV box sets and Netflix etc

Just finished series 4 of Bates Motel - brilliant show!

:blush:

Making a murderer, it’s well made and the (real life) story is just unbelievable.

3 Likes

I don’t have Netflix myself but I use it while at my girlfriends over the weekends.

We sporadically watch Archer which we are just about up to Season 5 with.
We watched ‘The True Cost’ which was a very interesting and revealing documentary about the textiles and clothing industry.

I absolutely devoured Prison Break a while ago. In the immediate hours after, while I was googling stuff about the show, I learned they were making a new season after several years. I was too excited.

Yes, Prison Break.

I liked the first season of Prison Break…felt like they made it up as they went along on the other series of it (IMO of course)

Also seen Making a Murderer…brilliant documentary! :blush:

Anyone seen Bloodline? A Netflix original - superb television one of my favourites.

1 Like

i made to it season 3 of prison break, i couldnt handle the constant twists

1 Like

Watching American Horror Story. Nearly finished the second season. I’m enjoying it!

2 Likes

Oh I would agree with that, but I think that’s why I liked it! (No, I don’t understand that either…)

1 Like

I love series so much :blush: just to name a few: sons of anarchy, the walking dead, game of thrones and tyrant. Watch them if you haven’t!!

1 Like

Game of Thrones is awesome.

WARNING: Don’t get a favorite character, they’ll die.

3 Likes

House of Cards, Unbreakable Kimmy ,Orange is the New Black, DareDevil, LOVE, Master of None, Parks and Recreation, Scrubs(Fav show which has all season of it on netflix even tho last season of it was okay), BloodLine, Old Boy is a Korean Film which I really enjoyed a lot.

Top Gear UK which is one of the best car shows well was. Now they are moving to Amazon!!! Dextar

If you would like me to make little info about the shows I listed I will. But I am just listing the shows I liked and loved on netflix.
Gotham is a good show

I am watching 30 Rock as of now which I am enjoying a lot

1 Like

I went back to the first post to double check but…,I have never seen one episode of any of the mentioned above. That’s amazing.

What’s on my DVR?

Big Bang Theory
The Blacklist
Under The Dome
The Grinder
Super Girl

My favorite show period is
Billy on the Street

1 Like

If yoll all don’t watch humans, Mr. Robot, silicon valley, and wayward pines. You will be sorry. These shows are all in the same boat as game of thrones, breaking bad ect. Also if you like Colombian drug lord stories watch narcos. Mr robot is more in the thriller crime drama kind of category like breaking bad, but I’d have to say I can’t say which one is better, but since I am an enthusiast of tech, and I love these kind of things… Anarchy etc, I have to say that mr robot is better then breaking bad, but its really hard for me to decide because I was on ice and various other drugs for like 2-4 years depending which drug so breaking bad has that kind of life style lol and projects a lot of amazing, but true culture. So does mr. Robot in the sense of true Linux sort of culture/ amarchy / tech that they actually use Linux and there is people like this that exist in the real world, and there intense… So DONT MAKE me DECIDE. Now if you love SciFi thriller, then you must… And I repeat must check put wayward pines, because its amazing and the psychological thriller core is spot on. If you love SciFi with a bit of drama then you must watch Humans it is about The future and robots and its production company is AMC, so yes they have a very high standard, there not like all that CBS stuff. AMC did breaking bad, walking dead etc… HBO does game of thrones, sopranos, girls, and the most amazing dram ever- six feet under… and many other greatly awesome shows. These production companies seem to produce the best shows, but there is more coming out to compete, and they set the same standards - Netflix and amazon are two more recent production companies that are kicking ass.

Showtime is an awesome production company which do - homeland, and penny dreadful… If you havnt seen penny dreadful and you like Gothic horror thriller stuff… Then please… Please watch dis ting, but have patients it starts off slow.

If you love super hero stuff check out dare devil, and especially - marvels Jessica Jones.

Damn man ice is so nasty :confused:

yeah i reckon breaking bad got it right.

You know I watched Under the dome. it is CBS i think. It started off really good, but it went downhill i still finished the series, but it was kind of a retarded ending like in true blood.

Also gary if you liked under the dome, im pretty sure you would absolutely love WAYWARD pines. You must check it out… One episode for pokesynd. :nerd_face:

I love sci fi, and if you like it then you will love wayward pines.
You remind me of my dad lol.

Did you know that Showtime is a CBS company, and showtime shows are amazing… I didnt know that for the longest time.

Netflix:
30 Rock
PEEP SHOW :heart_eyes:
Bloodline
House of Cards
Broadchurch
The IT Crowd
Bobs Burgers
Arrested Development (1-3)
Doctor Who
Making a Murderer (the hype is real- watch it without binging, I dare you!)

AMC
Breaking Bad > Mr. Robot (USA) @pokemonsyndicate
Better Call Saul
The Walking Dead (seasons 1-4ish)

HBO
Game of Thrones
Silicon Valley
Veep (maybe more funny for Americans?)
True Detective (season 1)
The Wire (season 1)
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Jinx (short true story mini series for anyone who needs a fix after finishing Making a Murderer)

I could go on about each one, but I will resist!!

2 Likes

yeah if forgott to mention the usa tingy @e2d2 which i notices at start of the show when i first watched it but didnt quite understand where these people came from … hmmms wonder if there is some more shows they will be making that can measure up.

Also the changed the story so fast on true detective season 2, and me and my sister still havnt got around to watching past a FEW episodes hmmms…

You should go on about each one because there all pretty awesome, but I havnt seen a couple of dem. Making murderer, veep ect. But veep was on my radarz, and I strill gotta continue house of cardlings.

WE MUST STRILL DO TA TINGZ… I will Strill have to do that… Strill.

Lol Suits is another good USA show. Not as life changing as Breaking Bad, but entertaining and clever.

TD season 1 was excellent. The storyline was clear and the characters dilemmas were clear. Season 2 is harder to follow and it’s not as easy to get captivated by story or characters imho. I think it was hard to stick with it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It had some bits where the dude was like… your 12 years old and still evil as shit which i really like, but the thing is i find myself not caring for the characters as much, but im sure once keep watching i will like it more and more… did you end up liking it more??? I take it no because you only mentioned season 1.