Neo Destiny 1st holo PSA 10 VS booster packs

Hey guys this is my first post since i created this acc, i have the same username on ig if u wanna follow XD, to cut things short i wanna go after 1st neo destiny holo psa 10 set as the artwork is just amazing, but they are rather expensive nowadays, i’ve checked the price of the price of 1st pack and holo psa 10, surprisingly quite a few psa10 cards sold for less or equal to a sealed pack, which make me think if the psa 10 holos will still have the potential to increase in value in the future, any thoughts? :blush:

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

Personally, I think Neo Destiny is one of the sets with the most growth potential. Ungraded cards already extremely scarce and the PSA 10’s are significantly lower in population than most WOTC sets. Pair this with it being the last WOTC set and the inclusion of eight shining cards that tons of collectors chase and it is a recipe for future value . . . in my humble opinion.

2 Likes

Sealed product is guaranteed to increase in value. Most PSA graded cards fluctuate. In the long run both have potential to grow, but if it were me I would go sealed stuff.

Even the shining charizard came down several hundred dollars for a while recently. I’m not sure if it’s back up now but at one point the 1st ed. Shining zard was a couple hundred over $2000 (not sure of its peak) but then came all the way down to like $1600-$1800.

But like someone else stated, of all the sets, neo destiny does probably have a great chance at being a set that will do well cause of the sets attributes.

1 Like

Sealed product is the way to go in terms of investment. It’s really popular right now and I believe will continue to be so. Every day there are fewer sealed boxes and packs. The only thing I’m back and forth on is whether unlimited neo destiny sealed product is worth the time and effort.

1 Like

i would like to chase the shining in japanese psa 10 cuz i love the texture more XD but from what i see from the english non shining holos like typhlosion/gengar/dragonite, they are not that expensive compare to their booster pack, and imo even if people buy the sealed pack, most of them are weighed already, which make the holos even harder to find in mint condition raw, that is why i think the there is still potential for the holos in 10 even if they are relatively pricey already

very true indeed, but imo psa10 holos is relatively low compare to the packs, cuz i can buy a dragonite/gengar/typhlosion etc. with the same price of a single pack, whereas other sets like neo genesis, jungle, fossil, their psa 10 holo price is usually higher than the price of a single pack

yea sealed product is the best investment indeed, but i tbh i simply love the artwork, there is more satisfaction to collect cards as i can actually see the artwork, unlike a sealed pack, i’m just hoping that when i collect all holos in psa 10, they will still hold their value in the long run, as for unlimited i would say go for it as well as sealed product cant really go wrong imo

Cards that old as gem mint will hold their value. They won’t grow as much as sealed but they’re very safe investments.

1 Like

Anything can happen. Sealed products might go down, set cards might experience another boom, trophy cards might flood the market, even though it is unlikely.

For your own personal collection, as long as you like it, you could collect any cards. Even all Cutiefly cards if you want (yeah, there is a pokemon named cutiefly :mindblown:)

For value or investment wise, go for the rarer option. Everyone has their own hierarchy of valuable cards, i’m sure you have one yourself. For reference, here is mine in a general sense.

Sub-50-copy Trophy/Promo cards> Other rare trophy/promo cards> Charizards> sealed booster boxes over $3k> 1st edition base PSA 10s> other set cards over $3k.

EDIT: I checked and there are 3 Cutiefly cards ever made. Bang for your buck?

1 Like

really dont know a pokemon name cutiefly XD mindblown indeed!!! the artwork of neo destiny is unreal imo, and collecting them in 10 is gonna be sick imo, but meanwhile i would want my collection to at least hold value, if not grow overtime.

Neo Destiny & The Shinings PSA 10s are my favorite cards in my collection.

The artwork is outstanding with light/dark pokemon and Shinings give the set an additional boost.

On the investment side of things, the population surge happened last year and it’s definitely slowed up this year and many are still < pop 50 almost all are < pop 100.

A set in my collection I’ll never part with but I think it has a lot of good things going for it in the medium to long run!

Neo Destiny Investment Vid

A while ago I did this might still be useful!

3 Likes

Just to show how much more value a sealed pack has… I have 20ish loose neo destiny unlimited packs. Maybe I get lucky and pull a shining charizard OR maybe I sell 6 packs and buy a PSA 10 shining charizard… options lol

1 Like

thanks for the advice! I’m gonna watch that vid now XD Always excited to see your psa return vids btw!

1 Like