Need Information on stamped pikachu swsh 065

I have this pikachu in my collection since December and havnt seen any other copy of it online. Its not a part of the play pokemon prize packs which are distributed at league. Is it rare or just another promo? Would love to hear some advice!

2 Likes

I was very happy to see this, because @quuador has this card on his buylist, but then I saw it was german. This should still be a rare card. The english version was released with the world championships iirc. I will still post this message, because Quuador will still like the look of this card I think and he might be able to help with the release of it:)

2 Likes

Absolutely happy to hear that its indeed a rare card! :smile: I was posting about it before at a subreddit, they didnā€™t have any clue about this card and someone recommended me this forum! I got this as a prize, winning at a tournament in our locals!

2 Likes

Sounds like a rare card to me. :wink:

As mentioned by @thymeee, the English version is pretty rare, and was given to winners of the Raid Battles at Worlds 2022 in the UK. Itā€™s one of just two English Pikachu cards Iā€™m currently still missing myself.

As for this German version, itā€™s the first time I see it, so canā€™t give too much info about it Iā€™m afraid. But if you won it at a tournament, you should already have some more info about it yourself:

1. Did you win first place to win it? Or did the top 3 or 4 players got it? Or was it a participation prize instead, given to all participants in that tournament?
  2. What was the name of the tournament? And since you said ā€˜our localsā€™ I assume it was a regional tournament, and not a German nation-wide one?

Either way, it does sound like a rare card right now. If it was just a participation prize in a regional tournament, there could be a lot more out there in similar events across the country. Not sure how many events are on average in Germany these days. :thinking: Regardless, since itā€™s the first one Iā€™ve seen, itā€™s a pretty good indication itā€™s right now far from common to find. :slight_smile:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Its not part of the tournament! We just made a private tournament before christmas and everyone added a bit from their own collection to the prize pool! Our TO took it out of her collection as the prize. I can ask her where she got it from! Ill let you know when I got new information! I was the only person which got it

3 Likes

It was only given out to Amigo staff members working at their booth at the Spiel 22 convention last year.

Amigo = contributors of pokemon tcg products in germany
Spiel= boardgames and startegygames convention

So there s a limited amount out there. I sadly dont know exactly how many german cards are out there ^^ā€™ @quuador

8 Likes

Hey! I was the one from Reddit that said to check here. Glad the information was found!

Iā€™m curious to the others in this thread, are there more cards besides the Pikachu that were released in this event? I think Bulbapedia mentions a few when Iā€™m looking at ā€œAdditional Cardsā€ for sets, but itā€™s pretty vague.

1 Like

I managed to get one at Worlds, but cool to see a German version!

9 Likes