Need help to determine the value of a card

Hi there !
Recently found my old first edition collection (more like 60 cards but u get the point), i stumbled upon a few holos in a really good condition.
One of my notable finds was a first edition holo zapdos 16/102. Graded, i’d give it a solid 9.
I happen to live in France, so it’s a french card. The grading system is called PCA (i’m guessing the equivalent of PSA) and keeps asking me to determine the value of my card.
So i came to you guys for help, what do you think is the accurate value of a french first edition holo (pretty sure it’s going to be a pca 9)?
Thx for your help, its appreciated
:blush:

1. Go to eBay
  2. Type in your card, set, language, whatever
  3. ?
  4. Profit
7 Likes

I think your question is best presented here: www.elitefourum.com/t/the-giant-professional-grading-thread/30930/1

But value wise, yeah go to eBay to search recent sold/current listings.

1 Like

In before lock

4 Likes

First off, welcome!

Second:

Search up what method is used to estimate the value of your cards. It’s a very common question, with a very commmon answer.

I like to draw an analogy to this question. I’d rather not give you fish when you’re hungry. I’d rather teach you how to fish and you can catch your own fish everytime you’re hungry.

It’s very rewarding to search up the forum for previous efforts shed on this type of question :blush:

I’ve definitely not heard that proverb before.

Asking for help on the value of one specific card is fine (in this case, a PCA 9 French 1st ed Zapdos), it’s just when people post 20 pictures of their childhood binder (or someone else’s they want to buy) and ask us to tell them how much it’s worth that things become difficult.

1 Like

A saying an old college professor of mine used to say when a student would ask for a final solution rather than an approach. The well known saying is give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

1 Like

Give a man a price estimate, he sells a single card. Teach a man how to search eBay sold listings, and he can become a flipper for life.

8 Likes

@charetard I know bro it’s probably the most famous proverb in the world :joy:

1 Like

If you post a pic of the card, we can help you. It’s fairly easy to value, just looking at previous sales. It’s trickier to actually know what a card would grade, certainly for someone who hasn’t submitted cards or bought graded cards at that level.

I’ll give you $3

1 Like

I would tell them $85 for the card.
Keep in mind it’s the value before grading. Just because you assessed it to be a 9 doesn’t mean it couldn’t come back a 6.
Also, the pricing doesn’t need to be spot on, its more for insurance purposes.

Thanks a lot ! I’m guessing i’m going to have to learn a lot *sweatdrop*. Thank you for the redundant but usefull saying nonetheless charetard. I’m going to send some pictures (if you guys have the patience/time to look at them), tell me what you think. Thanks a lot again, this makes me want to learn :grin: