Need help identifying/valuing pre-TCG cards

Hi! I just went through my childhood collection of pre/non-TCG cards. I frequented a Japanese grocery store where I would pick up non-TCG cards that looked cool. Pardon for the long post - figured it would be better to post together. I am wondering if the community can help with a few things :slightly_smiling_face::

1. Identify/value this first series. Each card has a number from 1 to 36 on each side, and some are prism foils. I think they are Bandai, but I’m having trouble finding these exact cards anywhere other than a few eBay listings without details. They aren’t in great shape, but would they still be worth grading?

2. I found quite a few (maybe about 100) Topsun green backs in near mint condition. A few of them are pictured here. Are the more common ones (e.g. Nidoran, Pidgeot, Geodude, etc.) worth grading? And any sense on the values, especially on the more common ones, if they’re near mint?

3. I also found these Topsun foil cards, although most of them are not in as pristine condition with some crimping at the top of the cards :slightly_frowning_face: Are these still worth grading and retain some value?

4. I have 4 cards from the 1998 Meiji chocolate set in decent condition. Also wondering opinions on grading these and if people collect them.

5. When sorting through my TCG cards, especially non-holographic, any tips for picking out which are desirable? Are certain artists harder to come by?

6. Any advantage to using PSA vs Beckett? What are thoughts on Beckett non-sub vs sub for the $5 price difference for bulk?

Thanks in advance for any information! I’ve been playing Pokemon Tretta (hope it comes to the US!), Pokemon Go, and Pokemon Sword and Shield, but it’s fun to get back into the OG cards!

2 Likes