N64 in 4K - Analogue

I’m sure a bunch of you saw the company Analogue is potentially launching a reimagined N64 console in 2024 with wireless controllers, ability to play any cartridge, and an option for 4k resolution.

Has anyone bought a system from the company? Everything on their website is sold out, but looks beautiful. Don’t think it will ever replace my original N64 system, but wouldn’t mind having another one just for good measure.

9 Likes

I first heard about them here.

2 Likes

I think @swolepoke bought the gameboy

2 Likes

I have their Super NT, that system with the jailbroke firmware is amazing! I just wish it supported save states.

1 Like

Analogue has THE best product on the market.

The quality, design, capabilities, etc etc are all unmatched.

The only issue you’re going to run into is their customer service response time is F tier and they’ve been known to take 6 months+ to fulfill orders. Their initial drop of the Pocket had some people waiting a full year to get the preorder.

This new N64 design will be extremely competitive to get, will likely sell out within milliseconds and probably go for 2-3x on the secondary market easily.

10 Likes

There’s some analogue consoles I want to get. Everyone I’ve talked to who has one says they’re great.m in terms of the video output and features. Honestly the only annoying part is the whole “no emulation” thing when it really is, just not software based but whatever. The N64 one is cool, but considering the price of the MiSTER and how it’s at its limits doing N64, if this thing truly does upscale to 4K, this is going to be insanely expensive. Maybe I’ll get the SNES one sometime if my SNES dies on me.

1 Like

I have multiple ultra hdmi n64s + everdrives and none of them touch the recent n64 release on thr switch. If this Analogue release can replicate the switch quality that would be something. Otherwise there are already many options on the market.

4 Likes

I saw that earlier today. The thing with analouge is that everythibg is botted in legitimately 30 seconds on almost every release.

2 Likes

I may or may not have a Transparent Purple Analogue Pocket coming to me soon :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Nice! Since I’m tired of fixing my old consoles, my 64 can sit in the display case, while this thing can play all my games. BUT there’s also everdrive…

Just dreading the day when the save battery on PkMn Stadium 1/2 runs out. :sob:

2 Likes

I’m not sure about English copies, but for Japanese copies you only have to worry about Stadium 1. Stadium 2 and Stadium GS use flash chips for saving so no batteries needed.

1 Like

Only things I can see hitting that quality would probably be the RetroTINK 4K (based on screenshots since it isn’t out yet) or the Analogue.

I preordered RAD2X and will see how that works. The biggest issue with ultra hdmi is the pixelation, especially on older games. Apparently the RAD2X has a smoothing option. Right now the switch is in a league of its own! It’s what I hopped ultra hdmi would look like for every game!

3 Likes

Hope the RAD2X works out. I personally use the RetroTINK 5X and that works great for me at 1440p. I know the 2X is a little more limited, but everyone says it’s good enough for most people.

1 Like

I was waiting and ready at the computer to buy one at 10 and it was gone immediately lol

1 Like

It’d honestly be concerning if it wasn’t gone immediately given how low their stock is normally/how much people scalp those products.

1 Like

Very true. It’s almost the perfect storm though in a sense. The product isn’t popular enough to gain enough web traffic for the site to crash so it’s essentially the ideal scenario for a bot to run freely.

I wanted to try to open up my old N64 to try all the neccasary board modding/mods to make Clay Fighter on a 75 inch not look like a moving lego picture lol.