MySlabs - new platform for buying/selling cards

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has ever bought or sold on MySlabs. I received an email and I am very interested in the platform to both buy and sell cards.

The best features I see are:

• 1% selling fee if the card sells
  • strict No Return policy
  • NO Bullsh*t listings, so far

Does anyone have any strong feelings for or against this site? I will contribute to the Pokemon inventory. If they are reputable and people like the site, I see this as being a very valuable tool for collecting.

Check it out: MySlabs Link

2 Likes

Seems interesting to me. Havenā€™t used it personally. Did some spot checking next to ebay and the prices on some items are cheaper. Iā€™m curious what they do to stop fraud from buyers or sellers. Also dispute mediation.

1 Like

Man thatā€™s gonna be hard to keep the lights on with that margin

1 Like

Interesting indeed. While I donā€™t see potential for aspiring grading companies, thereā€™s definitely potential for a tailor-made website focusing on selling trading cards/sports cards. Ebay is far from being optimal.

2 Likes

Is that geocities?!

2 Likes

how is payment required/ buyer protection enforced? paypal protection circumvents the strict no return policy, but other payment methods allow for scammers to just ship an empty box.

Those are great questions and PayPal returns can still be abused but as a platform to sell cards, this site is encouraging a ā€œbuy the slab as isā€ approach and seeks to ban anyone who wants a refund cuz they have buyers remorse. No BS and the seller pays 1% feesā€¦this almost sounds to good to be true.

From the MySlabs buying guidelines:

• Buyers pay no fees
  • All prices include shipping, as do all ā€˜Offers to Buyā€™.

ā€œNo returns, No Refunds and No Exchanges. If the buyer does not receive the item paid for, or if there is substantial damage to the item inside of the slab or holder, Buyers should contact Paypal directly for a return/refund. However, scratches to the slab or small cracks or chips do not qualify for redress. If there is significant damage to a Slab or holder not visible in the images on the website, that threatens the integrity of the item inside the holder, a Buyer may request a reholder fee from the Seller not to exceed $10. This fee is to be paid at the discretion of the seller upon photographic proof provided by the Buyer to the Seller via email. Paypal has the authority to reverse all transactions executed through Paypal, however without a compelling reason in line with the policies outlined above, we may at our sole discretion, temporarily suspend or permanently ban Buyers who seek or receive a return or refund through Paypal.ā€

Iā€™ll stick with eBay for both selling and buying. eBay already screws the sellers and buyers get off the hook, these guys complete flipped the spectrum to the other extreme.

2 Likes

Yeah but it could work if prices are lower. I would definitely use it if prices are lower and the seller is a big seller in the hobby.

PSA sent me this email, I kind of browsed, it looks interesting. I am assuming it is pretty new.

1 Like

Ive been using it for quite some time.

Everything has been A+ so far

1 Like