Sites other than eBay to sell?

I was just wondering if there are any other reputable websites to sell higher end graded cards other than ebay. I’ve tried virbank on facebook a few times, but the comments anger me and I don’t think people understand the concept of paying more than $20 for a card on there lol…

I know ebay is most likely the best, just the fees kill me -.-

4 Likes

I wish I could tell you there’s a better option.

Thought that counts? lol

1 Like

The thought is all that matters! Lol

You should make one!:grin:

Sounds like the kind of place that attracts a lot of sellers and no buyers, unfortunately.

2 Likes

You’re free to give it a shot. I’m just thinking out loud.

I’ve listed over 20 PSA cards on Ebay myself and not a single one has Sold… :confused:

Nope. I start the cards off at auction and add a buy-it-now. I’m not willing to pay fees to Ebay to list stuff for sale. It’s bad enough that I have to pay Seller fees for items that sell plus paypal fees. That’s 15% right there… :confused:

That’s just part of using ebay. Also I’m not sure about your prices. I only know about the price of your charizard psa 10. That thing is rediculously overpriced. You missed your shot to get $1000 for it. There are going to be more 10s and the price will normalize. I know of it being sold 3 times and total sale price barely passes your 2000 bid. Low population and the first ones always go for the highest.

We talked about it in your video too that your estimations for most cards were either too high or too low. That’s where putting a card slight higher that what you’d like it to sell for woth a BIN. Then give people a OBO with automatic decline at a certain value. I use 60% of the BIN for my listings.

If your items aren’t selling you need to readjust most times. PSA cards though aren’t about selling fast. Hope that helps

4 Likes

LIke Hisoka said, PSA cards aren’t about selling quickly, unless you want to give them away for pennies

I hate ebay and it’s various fees, but you are paying for customers and secure transactions with strangers

5 Likes

Very true

nah man virbank is the best and 100% cancer and troll free

1 Like

Until eBay has a similar site give it some serious competition, they can charge the high fees that they do (you’re actually losing 13%+ by selling on eBay since PayPal rakes in 4% +$0.30 as well…) unfortunately.

You can try Craigslist, my area has 3 collectors whom I’ve sold a few graded cards to. Cash is king…

Other than that, just build a few contacts. Whenever you sell a graded card on eBay, or if someone messages you to negotiate price on your psa cards, stay in touch with them. They might be interested in cards you have later on, and most people are willing to do transactions off eBay anyways, so you save $ right there. International buyers might also be interested in buying graded cards for more than they’d sell for here in the US, so find some overseas customers as well, and as long as you provide satisfactory service, you should get a few repeat customers. Goes a long way when competing with so many other sellers :wink:

1 Like

build your own website, and just take paypal as a form of payment.

Nothing competes with ebay. Not only do you get the best exposure, but the site is made to be very user friendly. Also, as much as it frustrates sellers, buyers are protected, where facebook groups are not. In fact, the only reason a buyer is protected off of ebay is because of its on and off again partner paypal.

Places like virbank are a flash in the pan. I would even venture to say that individual store fronts are a risk, unless you funnel customers from ebay. Of course, there is the inherent irony of still having to use ebay to expand your business.

In short, you can’t escape ebay and paypal, and for mostly good reasons. I actually think paypal fees are reasonable for the protection and peace of mind you receive. Ebay is a bit steep, but that good old open market, right @garyis2000?! :blush:

2 Likes

I’ve tried this and there’s just no comparison to the sales I make on eBay. About a week ago I pretty much shut down my separate website and opened an eBay store.

This!

It is unrealistic to start a stand alone site and expect anywhere near as much traffic as ebay will generate. Also, most people prefer to buy on ebay, or a well known established site rather than take a risk on a small stand alone individually operated site. I think anyone who has attempted this has definitely felt that reality.

Thanks for all the feedback!:blush: ebay is pretty awesome. I should just be grateful that it’s even available. I just felt like bitchin haha :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like