My first base set booster pack

Ive recently bought an unlimited base set booster pack unopened, the blastoise one and i think ill get it tomorrow! Ive sold all my old cards when i was a kid so im slowly buying them back now. Ive completed the burning shadows set bar some ex cards.

I know some of you will want me to save it but imma open it xD i wonder, can you only get a shiny charizard in a charizard pack or is it random?

random

Awesome, fingers crossed for shiny charizard amirite

1 Like

Ill come back and show what i got when i get it

should film and upload to yt, i pulled a charizard on my first pack this year

1 Like

Did you sell it or keep it? I want to collect the base set but i need the money more atm so if i pull a rare one, i might get it psa graded and send it off. I’m putting all cards immediately into plastic wallets and toploaders. I remember smpratte saying you’d be lucky to see a psa grade 10 even in closed booster boxes and packs now.

i kept it, it wasn’t 10 worthy unfortunately, i can see why the prices for 10’s are so high considering the damage they can have straight out of the packs

You can buy a Unlimited base set Charizard in NM condition for less than the cost of a single pack. Barring you pull a Gem Mint copy it’s way cheaper too buy singles. You can buy 3 blastoise or 6 venausaur for the price of one pack.

Also Burning Shadows has no EXs.

I mean GX then not EX, i keep getting mixed up lol

I beg to differ bruv, look at the cost of this psa 9 NM unlimited shiny charizard. Alot are at this cost too:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PSA-9-MINT-CHARIZARD-4-102-UNLIMITED-HOLO-POKEMON-CARD-/263240186981?hash=item3d4a567c65:g:cYcAAOSwugtZ0RvB

So I opened it, and no holos unfortunately but i’m happy with the blast I got from opening the pack! I wanna get another one xD so addictive. This is what I got:

2 Likes

A PSA 9 is not nm. A nm would be a PSA 7.
Ray@ you need to do more studying and reading here and less posting young man.

2 Likes

Aww well, I am new to this :sob: I appreciate all the advice but apologise in advance if I get things wrong, I googled it before and I responded based on what I found but I think what I found was wrong lol Someone was saying PSA 9 is NM but now i’ve found this:

www.psacard.com/resources/gradingstandards/#cards

@ray you’ve gotta be careful buying loose packs also. Typically they will be weighed so your odds on pulling a charizard or any holo for that matter are very very low. 1:3 packs has a holo and there are 15 holos in the set that can be pulled from packs.

1 Like

Oreli, tbh I didn’t buy it in hopes of getting one, I just thought it would be delicious xD When you say weighed do you mean the actual pack is weighed because the holos make it heavier, so the seller tends to keep ones which are heavier?

Hi ray,

I would strongly advise you not to buy loose booster packs. 99% of them are all weighed so they contain no ‘shiny’ holographic cards. You’re basically paying $40-50 to pull $10 worth of cards at best. lol

And even if you do happen to pull a shiny, it’s probably going to be a NM copy anyway as these packs are almost 20 years old and you don’t know how well they were stored or how many times they travelled around the world.

Edit: Yes, the packs containing holos weigh slightly more than non holos…

2 Likes

That kind of sucks lol I guess the days of pulling an amazing card are over. It was fun opening an old one i guess for nostalgic purposes but i guess i won’t do it again lol thanks

Are recent sets like this too, weighed? Or is it because the original set 's cards were thinner? (i read that somewhere)

Haha. I did the same with a few Base Set 4th Print packs.

The recent sets are fine, but some booxes like Sun & Moon were searchable which is ridiculous. Do research or make a thread in the ‘Just a Question?’ forums when you’re not sure about something you’re looking to purchase and the guys at efour will help no problem. :blush:

1 Like

I know of an ebay user that is currently selling loose unweighed base set packs, pm me if you want the link ray

1 Like

What do you mean by they were searchable? What happened? :rage: